Search for content in message boards

Spears family, North family, Moore family, Miller family in Wise County, Texas

Spears family, North family, Moore family, Miller family in Wise County, Texas

Posted: 15 Jul 2002 9:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Feb 2003 3:44PM GMT
Surnames: North, Spears, Moore, Miller
I am looking for info on Ara Bell Spears, her mother was Rebecca ? b. 1870 d. 1943 who was Rebecca's first husband ? Spears, her second husband was John Moore, Ara Bell Spears married Edward Clifton North who was the son of John William North.John William North married Susan Miller. I would also like to know who the parents of Susan Miller are.
Any info on the Spears family or Miller family would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Nanci

Re: Spears family, North family, Moore family, Miller family in Wise County, Texas

Posted: 6 Aug 2002 1:21AM GMT
Edited: 31 May 2004 2:53AM GMT
In the 1910 Federal Census, I found John and Rebecca Moore listed with four SPEARS children. William M. 13, Toy (?) A 11, James C 9, and Erra B 6. ED 258, Sheet 7A. You can look at it at http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/tx/wise/census/1910/258-07...
Now, all the children are shown to have been born in Tennessee. Ara B. and Cliff E. North are buried in Boyd Cemetery, which you can access at http://www.rootsweb.com/~txwise/wise2.htm
So to find out her first husband, you might have to look in Tennessee.

Friday, when I go to Decatur, I will look for Ara B.'s obituary.

Tanya Johnson
Chico, TX

Re: Spears family, North family, Moore family, Miller family in Wise County, Texas

Posted: 6 Aug 2002 4:59PM GMT
Surnames: North, Spears, Gregg, Cates
Hi Tanya,
Thanks for the info, I would love a copy of the obit if you find it. My e-mail address is nancis76@hotmail.com
Thanks,
Nanci Swindle

Posted: 10 Aug 2002 2:04AM GMT
Edited: 31 May 2004 2:53AM GMT
Wise County Messenger, Sunday, June 26, 1988

Ora B. North

Ora Bell North, 84, of Decatur died Wednesday in a local hospital.
Service was Saturday at Christian-Hawkins Funeral Chapel in Boyd. Burial was in Boyd Cemetery.
Pallbearers were David Ray, Clifton and Kent North, Scotty Taylor, Jim May and Chris and Cliff Greer. Honorary pallbearers were Greg North, Clyde Bradish, and John Porter Jr.
Mrs. North, born Dec. 30, 1903 in McMindille, Tenn., had lived in the Decatur area for 80 years. She was the widow of Ernest Clifton North. She was a member of the Morman church.
Survivors include: sons, Douglas and Donald North of Decatur; eight grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.

Posted: 12 Aug 2002 4:55PM GMT
Surnames: Spears, North, Gregg, Cates
Thanks Tanya,
I appreciate your help.
Nanci Swindle

Posted: 6 Oct 2002 2:11AM GMT
Edited: 6 Oct 2002 10:00PM GMT
Ara Bell Spear married Ernest Clifton North / Wise County.
Ernest and Ara were my grandparents. Their children are Douglas Clifton North of Collin County, Donald North of Wise County. Ara's brothers were Toy Arthur Spears and Will Spears. They went to Wise County from Tennessee. Have a picture of Spears/Moore family. E-mail me.
Hope this helps
Gregg
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions