Search for content in message boards

SAVEA & GALEAI family of Fitiuta, Ta'u, Manu'a, A. Samoa

SAVEA & GALEAI family of Fitiuta, Ta'u, Manu'a, A. Samoa

Posted: 25 Sep 2003 11:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Oct 2003 10:19PM GMT
Surnames: SAVEA, GALEAI, LEAU, MISA, MAILO, ALE, TEI
Looking for info on Tehui Manaia SAVEA & Lagi GALEA'I family of Fitiuta. Would love to hear from any descendants of daughters Sevi, who married Laupola MISA, Silauniu, Elepe LEAI of Leone, Ana, who moved to W. Samoa, Pesa, who married Tiava MAILO, Matau, who married Levaaia, or any others who know about this family.

Re: SAVEA & GALEAI family of Fitiuta, Ta'u, Manu'a, A. Samoa

Posted: 18 Nov 2003 10:03AM GMT
Talofa:

I am descendant of TAHUI and LAGI.

One of their daughters, Silauniu, is my great-grandmother.

Her son, Tamaese, is my grandfather.

Family 'oral' history says LAGI's last name was TAELE.

Please, can you shed more light on this topic?

Manuia le aso...

Posted: 12 Jun 2004 8:23PM GMT
Surnames: Gale'ai, Savea
Interested in corresponding with others researching same
line(s).

Regards,

manaia<manaiaalofa@yahoo.com>

ia orana (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 2005 12:38AM GMT
I was just curious....where are you neting from? I am here in Carson, California and always wanted to know my family tree. Savea and Tahui/Tehui are names that are familiar. My grandfather....whom I know as Grandpa Mata'u is from Fitiuta Manua, rest in peace. And I am so interested in knowing my tahitian side. I visited my grandfather's grave back in 1990 and noticed the name SAVEA....on his grave, I believe it was Savea Savea Matautia....something like that. It was so long ago. And I wasn't really interested back then.

But thanks for any info you may provide.

Temutisa Levaaia Matautia Nua - I married a Ta'u man!

Posted: 25 Aug 2011 3:34AM GMT
Surnames: Smith-Laban
Talofa Lava, malo le soifua maua. My name is Tui Ana granddaughter of Ana who married Tupuola Nimarota and moved to Upolu e faaui iai le 'ula a lona tama. We are the lost ones because our dear grandma Ana was far separated from you all in who lived and grew up in Manu'a. We are having our very first ever reunion on our Tupuola side e tala ai le gafa but desperately needed information for grandma's side of the Gafa, please. So if anyone can please help and would appreciate having some of you to attend this family reunion in December 29, 30, 30, 2011. we would love to make this connection cause we feel we are totally lost from the whole family in Manu'a.. God bless you all. My mothers name is Maria Katalina married to Emmanuel Smith. thanks

Posted: 18 Sep 2012 10:53PM GMT
Edited: 18 Sep 2012 11:03PM GMT
Surnames: Mata'utia
i am the great granddaughter of Mata'utia Tehui Savea and Lagi Mata'utia. my grandpa is their son name To'omea Mata'utia. well ive heard about my Great great great grandpa is a Tahitian man name Tehui. I am staying here in Pago because of furthering my educationhere. i left Manu'a this year on May after my graduation.well my grandpa is still alive and he still in MANU'A watching over our Great Grandparents grave, becase her sister that was living in their house is gone, so he's the only one left there in Manu'a to watch over the house and every property of our grandparent matau and lagi.i know all my grandpa's side Matautia, some of Seviz side, Ana's side that are there in Manu'a. but eager to know some side of the family from Leone and New Zealand. ia manuia le aso

jtoomeamatautiasaveatehui

Posted: 16 Oct 2012 2:16AM GMT
its me again.....
i am from the Mat'utiaz side .
mata'u and Leva'aia
*pinefa'amau mose mata'utia
*muta'agaosamoa m taliulu
*motusia m tuaua
*asofaoaperila matautia
*manuoleao matautia
*toomea mata'utia
*pesa matautia
*fa'atuputala matautia
*tanu matautia
*si'itialeiupeli matautia
*pesefeaetesauai matautia
*mata'u taumafai matautia

toomea married to vaisola mata'u
*sefea mata'utia
* ioane matautia

ia o si tala lea i lo'u nei tagata
ao au foi o le isi suli moni lava o TEHUI...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions