AMOS BATCHELDER OF EAST KINGSTON, NH

Shawn Roden (View posts)
Posted: 14 May 2001 6:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Batchelder, Stokes, Atwood
Amos Batchelder m. Sally Stokes

their son,
Amos Batchelder m. Rebecca Hardy Atwood

They were my 5th 4th great grandfathers.

Amos was born in East Kingston, NH. His son was born in Pelham, NH. Does anyone have any information or is anyone out there related?

Any responses welcome.

Re: AMOS BATCHELDER OF EAST KINGSTON, NH

Posted: 29 Aug 2001 6:03PM GMT
Edited: 27 May 2002 9:58PM GMT
Surnames: Batchelder, Bachelder, Bachilor
Hi, I am not sure if we are connected or not. There were a lot of Batchelder/Bachelder/Bachilors, a lot spelled differently. I believe most of them, if not all, from New Hampshire descended from Stephen Bachilor, the immigrant. I am descended from him through his daughter, Anne on my mother's side. However, on my father's side, there is an Amanda Malvina Batchelder who is my gr gr grandmother. She was born in Hamilton Co., Ohio, Nov. 1827. Her father was John Batchelder, b. 1798 in New Hampshire, d.in New Orleans, Louisiana. He was married in July 1822 to Sarah Knox b. 1802 in Maine. I have no other information on him at all. Would appreciate any help from anyone about his family. Thanks

Re: AMOS BATCHELDER OF EAST KINGSTON, NH

Posted: 7 Jul 2011 3:20AM GMT
Surnames: Bachelder
Hi, Does the name Joseph W. Bachelder sound familiar? Born 26 Mar 1825 in Bethel, Windsor Co. Vt I have searched for 40 years trying to find out the names of his parents/siblings if any. There are no records in Windsor Co. that even mention Joseph. He was a physician and served in two enlistments from IL during the Civil War.In the 1870 Fed Census, Boone Co. IL he stated both parents were born in VT. I would be very grateful for just a tiny lead. Nancy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions