Search for content in message boards

ELLIS, Hardy

ELLIS, Hardy

Posted: 31 Jul 1999 4:27PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2001 2:23AM GMT
My husband is decendent of Hardy Ellis who when from Warren Co., NC to Montgomery Co., TN to Calloway Co., KY. Need help making one connection--was Alexander Carroll the son of Hardy and Martha, or the grandson.

James Edward (EDD) Ellis - Robertson Co., TN

Posted: 27 Oct 1999 12:12PM GMT
Edited: 4 Mar 2003 7:23PM GMT
Sorry that I don't have an answer for you. Hoping that maybe you could be of help. My g-grandfather was James Edward (Edd) ELLIS b. 1868. Robertson and Montgomery are connected so I was hoping you could shed some light on his parents etc. I believe that he may have had a brother by the name of Sims. Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Annette Williams

James Edward Ellis

Posted: 14 Nov 1999 1:54PM GMT
Edited: 13 Mar 2002 12:57AM GMT
We are also researching the Ellis line in Montgomery, Robertson, and Dickson Co. TN. Gave me a little more info about James Edward and I'll see what I've got. I don't Think he's in my line but I have gathered a lot of info on ther others in that area. Debby

ELLIS FAMILY- CHEATHAM, ROBERTSON, MONTGOMERY COUNTIES

Posted: 15 Nov 1999 5:48AM GMT
Edited: 4 Mar 2003 7:23PM GMT
James Edward (Edd) Ellis b. 1868 (I believe in Robertson County). He married Mary Elizabeth Hunter around 1890 in Cheatham County. Mary Elizabeth died abt. 1907. Children that I know of are as follows:

Annie Lee Ellis b.1894-1982 (My Grandmother who married Sidney F. Bracey)
Mary Francis Ellis ???????

He had one brother E. S. (Sims) Ellis who also married a Hunter. My dad remembers a Wesley Ellis but not sure of relation.

I realize that this isn't much to go on. These Ellis's were mainly from Robertson County (I believe the Coopertown area).

Any clues????
Thank-you for corresponding.

Annette Williams

Sims OR Sim Ellis

Posted: 15 Jul 2000 8:44AM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 12:46PM GMT
Annette,

I researching the Hunter side of the family.

Sims or Sim Ellis married Rose Hunter who was a sister
to M. Elizabeth Hunter, both daughters of Dempsey
A. Hunter and Elvira Morris.

James E. Ellis did marry M. Elizabeth Hunter
who is buried in the Morris Cemetery in
Cheatham County.

Hardy Ellis, Alexander Carroll Ellis

Posted: 11 Aug 2000 10:42AM GMT
Edited: 9 Jul 2001 11:17PM GMT
You asked about Hardy Ellis and Carroll Ellis. My great grandfather was Alexander Carrol[l] Ellis, a Confederate soldier born in 1840 in Tennessee, died in 1921 and buried in Stewart County, Tennessee. His father was Hardy Ellis, born in Virginia. If these sound like the same Ellises, e-mail me at barbee@tonkon.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions