Search for content in message boards

Lucinda Gandee, dau. of Uriah Jr. and Mercy (Hughes) Gandee

Lucinda Gandee, dau. of Uriah Jr. and Mercy (Hughes) Gandee

Posted: 17 Oct 2007 4:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gandee, Raines, Morical
Lucinda Gandee, b.1822, VA. Married Abraham Raines in 1841, Jackson Co. VA (WV) Abraham died in Wadena Co., MN. in 1890. In 1891, she married William Morical. By 1900, there is no sign of Lucinda, William or Lucinda's 2 daughters, Eliza or Emma Jane Raines.
Does anyone know what happened to Lucinda, her daughter's or William?
Thanks,
Renie Luchau Schlader

Re: Lucinda Gandee, dau. of Uriah Jr. and Mercy (Hughes) Gandee

Posted: 2 Jan 2012 4:14PM GMT
It has been awhile since your post but have you found Lucinda?If not look at the 1910 Galveston, Texas census #478-486.
Lucinda Raines 88 wd living with Frank and Emma Fuller family as mother in law. Think that is her.
Edd

Posted: 2 Jan 2012 4:25PM GMT
Look on Findagrave.com for Clarence Tom Fuller born 1906.
Son of Frank and Emma Jane Raines Fuller.

Posted: 2 Jan 2012 5:03PM GMT
Hi Edd..Happy New Year!! I feel like doing a happy dance!! Thank you so much!! I think you are exactly right! I have always been thinking that Lucinda died here in Minnesota. I found the Morical she married living with a son in 1900 in Todd county, MN. and he states he is widowed also. I guess that marriage didn't work out! I see Lucinda went back to using the name of Raines. I'm sure it is her. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Are you researching the Fuller family?? I have a child born to Emma and Fremont Fuller--Forest Lloyd Fuller, 14 Apr 1895 in Rockwood Twp., Wadena county, MN. and he died 4 June of 1895, also in Rockwood Twp. Emma and Fremont were married in Wadena county, 1 Nov. 1885. He must have went by Frank. I find his name as Fremont on the marriage record and also on the baby's death record.
Renie

Posted: 2 Jan 2012 9:09PM GMT
I have checked this out too. Thank you again! I was looking at the birthplaces of Frank and Emma's children, and I'm not sure how accurate it is, but I have no sure way of knowing. But, I know how many times info on census records are recorded incorrectly. It is nice to have these new connections. Thanks again!
Renie Luchau Schlader

Posted: 4 Jan 2012 2:31PM GMT
I am from the Gandee line so don't know about the Fullers.
Glad I could help.
Edd
Illinois

Posted: 4 Jan 2012 3:00PM GMT
I am from the Gandee line too. (Gandee and Raines). Lucinda is my great-great grandmother. That is why I was so thrilled that you located Lucinda!! When I found Wm. Morical in 1900 and he is listed as widowed, I thought Lucinda has passed away. I was so surprised.

Posted: 4 Jan 2012 3:18PM GMT
Do you know anything of the story of Massie Hughes Gandee being responsible for the murder of her grandson near the start of the Civil War? I have tried to find collaboration but no luck.

Posted: 10 Feb 2013 5:54AM GMT
Surnames: Morgan; Gandee; Raines;
I'm not sure about any grandson connected with the Civil War and certainly Lucinda wasn't responsible for this BUT her son Andrew Raines who married Louisa Rollins, murdered Clem Morgan May 21, 1875 because of Morgan's overtures to his wife. He in turn was killed 2 years later when he was resisting arrest. He'd managed to evade the law for two years. His son, John F. Raines (who thereafter went by Morgan thought it was certain he was Andrew's child), at the age of 22 was tried and hanged for the triple murders of Pfost-Greene family in Jackson Co, WV. It was a very famous affair all the way around. Abraham and Lucinda took Andrew and Louisa's older two children, Wm Elmer and Melissa Ellen, to raise, but did not take the other three children. Those two moved to Minnesota with the grandparents and I'm looking for information about them. By any chance do you happen to know if Huntington's chorea has been noted among the family members?

Posted: 10 Feb 2013 6:55PM GMT
Thanks for the info.
Don't know of any cases of Huntingtons in the family.
By the way, I am also from the Matheny family.
Edd
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions