Search for content in message boards

William Christian Jahn Obituary

William Christian Jahn Obituary

Posted: 11 Apr 2004 5:58AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 30 Nov 2006 8:42AM GMT
Surnames: Jahn, Karsteter, Wollgast, Salazar, Kunz, Kelt
WILLIAM CHRISTIAN JAHN , age 87 died on May 7, 2000 in Ausitn, Texas. Mr. Jahn was preceded in death by his wife, Ruby and sister Robbie Jahn . He is survived by his son, Ray Jahn and wife LeRoy; daughter Clara Kelt and husband George; brother Theo Karsteter and sister Katie Wollgast, grandchildren Alison Salazar and Andrea Kunz and great granddaughter Morgan Kunz. Visitation will be held on Thursday, May 11, 2000 from 5:00-8:00 P.M. at Canon Funeral Home Chapel in Waller. Graveside services will be held on Friday, May 12, 2000 at 10:00 A.M. at Field Store Cemetery. Services under the direction of Canon Funeral Home. Canon Funeral Home 936-372-3683

Published in the Houston Chronicle May 11, 2000

Re: William Christian Jahn Obituary

Posted: 26 Dec 2004 8:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jahn Goodwin Curry Matherson
Vanessa,

Do you have any information on Francis “Frank” Chriatian Jahn, b. 08-Oct-1844 in Marina, Madison Co., IL, d. 24-Aug-1924 in Waller, Waller Co., TX, buried in Kirby Chapel Cemetery, Waller Co., TX.

Married 2nd to Sophronia (Curry) Matherson, ca 1892 in Washington or Waller County, TX., b. 05-Apr-1851, Montgomery Co., AL, d. 22-Jan-1948, in Waller, Waller Co., TX, buried in Kirby Chapel Cemetery, Waller Co., TX. No children.

Married 1st to Margaret Missouri Goodwin, ca 1866 in Austin or Grimes County (now Waller Co., TX), b. 05-Jun-1848 in Mississippi, d. 20-Feb-1891 in Waller Co., TX, buried in Kirby Chapel Cemetery, Waller Co., TX. Children were:

· John Franklin Jahn, b. 18-Feb-1868, d. 16-Jul-1942;
· Mary Elizabeth Jahn, b. 03-Jul-1869, d. 25-Nov-1870;
· Julius Isaac Jahn, b. 19-Mar-1871, d. 23-Mar-1871;
· Charles Edwin Jahn, b. 18-Apr-1872, d. 19-Jun-1906;
· Robert Jerome Jahn, b. 12-Dec-1874, d. 24-May-1953;
· Kate Cole Jahn, b. 22-Mar-1877, d. 03-May-1938;
· Patrick Barnett Jahn, b. 03-May-1879, d. 03-May-1938;.
· Emmie Maud Jahn, b. 24-May-1881, d. ??;
· Jesse Christian Jahn, b. 09-Jul-1883, d. 18-Oct-1900;
· Clara Augusta Jahn, b. 18-Aug 11885, d. 31-Dec-1961;
· Eula Mae Jahn, b. 03-Feb-1888, d. ??;
· Maggie Birdie Jahn, b. 28-Jan-1891, d. 05-Jan-1975.

The Kirby Chapel Cemetery is located in Waller County, TX just a couple of miles north of Prairie View University and about five miles SW of the Fields Store community along FM 1488. Francis Christian Jahn, both of his wives and many of his descendants are buried at Kirby Chapel Cemetery.

According to family tradition, Francis Christian “Frank” Jahn was a medical doctor and practiced medicine in Waller County, Texas. I am trying to locate any of Dr. Jahn’s living descendants or relatives. Could your William Christian Jahn be a descendant or collateral relative of Dr. Jahn? The common thread here may be the middle name “Christian”. Dr. Jahn’s father was named Christian Gottlieb Jahn.

Ed Smith

Georgine Steenblik (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2005 11:06PM GMT
Surnames: Jahn, Goodwin, Ferguson, Phelps
Ed Smith,
I am the granddaughter of Francis Christian Jahn. My mother was his youngest child (Maggie Bird). Her mother (Margaret Missouri Goodwin died when mother was just 3 weeks old. He then married Sophronia Curry Matherson.

Grandfather was a doctor and did practice medicine in Waller County, Texas.
Aunt Eula died in Dec. of 1968. In Tarrant Co. Tx.

I agree that William Christian Jahn could very well be a descendant.

Georgine Steenblik

Judy Robinson (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jul 2006 7:28PM GMT
William Christian Jahn (Sammie) was my uncle.
His father was Patrick Barnett Jahn.
Dr. Francis Christian Jahn was Patrick Barnett's father.
Patrick b. May 3, 1879, d. Aug. 14, 1916, buried in Field's Store Cemetery, Waller Waller Co. TX.
I have some genealogy on our branch of the tree.
Judy Robinson
jurobinson@earthlink.net

Judy Robinson (View posts)
Posted: 18 Aug 2006 6:19PM GMT
I am the niece of William Christian Jahn. He was my mother's brother. His dad was Patrick Barnett Jahn, grandfather Francis Christian Jahn. I would love to exchange family info with you.
Judy Robinson

Georgine Steenblik (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2006 5:14PM GMT
Surnames: Jahn, Ferguson, Goodwin
I am the grand daughter of Francis Christian Jahn. My mother, Maggie Bird Jahn , was a sister to Patrict Barnett Jahn and the youngest child in that family of twelve children. I would be happy to exchange info with you.
Georgine Steenblik

Posted: 10 Oct 2011 3:26PM GMT
I'm new to this, Aunt Maggie was one of my favorites. In the early 50's my father William Christian and I would help them pull corn. She told the story of Dr. Jahn freely and proudly. He interned himself shortly after his first wife died of yellow fever. Aunt Maggie remembered when she was a child,there was another yellow fever epidemic and the farmers owjld fill a wagon with hay as they carried Doctor Jahn from farm to farm. sincn he got little or no sleep at the farms, he would sleep in the wagon as he travelled. Daddy showed me the location of Doctor Jahn's old farm. It is about 2 miles south of Aunt Maggies on a beautiful hill with a large Oak. The house is long gone.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic