Search for content in message boards

Schweizer family

Schweizer family

Posted: 10 Feb 2000 6:58AM GMT
Edited: 21 Jan 2002 2:57PM GMT
received your e-mail. Have very little information regarding my grandfather Joseph Schweizer other than his birth, death, and my grandmother's name Sara Shellem. Have a great deal of information on her. She apparently descended from an Adams family. Have a great deal of information on that family in an old german bible. My father had a cousin, named Howard, I believe. May still be living. Joan Firth

Sara Shellem

Bob Shellem (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jun 2000 8:37PM GMT
I saw your posting, can you forward me some information about her, I'm from the Philadelphia area Know about a George shellem born in 1794

Shellem Family

Posted: 25 Jun 2000 10:02AM GMT
My grandmother, Sara Shellem Schweizer, born 11/3/1874 comes from a line of Shellem's. The earliest history I have is George W. Shellem, born 8/21/1849, who may be her father. She married Joseph Schweizer and lived in Collingdale, PA until her death. I am really trying to find information on my grandfather, Joe Schweizer who was born on 8/17/1877 and died 6/12/45. I am pretty sure my grandmother was raised in Philadelphia, then Darby.

Sara Shellem

Bob Shellen (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 2000 4:08PM GMT
Thanks for the information about Sara Shellem, I don't have any ifno about your grandfather, but I know that there was a George shellem born in Phila. in 1794.
Posted: 27 Jan 2001 2:26PM GMT
This post was deleted by the author on 30 Oct 2012 6:19PM GMT

Re: Schweizer family

Debbie Crawford (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2002 10:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: schweizer
My father's name is Howard William Schweizer. He was born in Ohio on February 2, 1925. Any connection?

Posted: 19 Jan 2002 1:58PM GMT
Edited: 10 Feb 2006 6:34PM GMT
Unfortunately, I've never heard of any of our Schweizers having moved to Ohio. Christian had no brothers and my father Carl and his brother Edward (both now deceased) were Christian's only children. My father's children are all girls and Edward has one son, Edward, who would now be approximately 46 years old, if still living. He may, also, have a son - probably about 25 years old.

Posted: 19 Jan 2002 3:26PM GMT
I believe my father had a cousin Howard who I think lived in New Jersey. I think he had a cleft palate as did my father's sister, Edna. That is really all I can remember about him.
Thanks for your info.

Re: shellem

Posted: 20 Jan 2002 4:09PM GMT
Just read your message dated 1/27/01 to Alice Benham re Shellem family. I am researching my grandfather Joseph Schweizer who was married to Sarah Shellem. She is a decendant from Amelia Adams. I have an old German bible with some Shellem family history. Who in particular are you researching?

Re: shellem

Posted: 20 Jan 2002 4:11PM GMT
Just read your message dated 1/27/01 to Alice Benham re Shellem family. I am researching my grandfather Joseph Schweizer who was married to Sarah Shellem. She is a decendant from Amelia Adams. I have an old German bible with some Shellem family history. Who in particular are you researching? PS - my grandmother's family are also buried in Mt. Moriah cemetery.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic