Search for content in message boards

William Douglass Simms

William Douglass Simms

John (View posts)
Posted: 5 Apr 2000 12:37PM GMT
Would like to hear from anyone with info on William Douglass Simms:: probably born ab. 1775 in Virginia, possibly Fairfax Co. May have lived in Dist. of Col. for a while around 1840 or so.
Who was his wife -when and where married - who were his children - when and where died ?

William Douglas Simms

J. Balestreri (View posts)
Posted: 25 Apr 2000 8:16PM GMT
I have a William Douglas Simms b. 1783. d1822 son of Charles Simms and Nancy Douglas. He married a Emily Nevilleb. 1786. Williams father Charles Simms b. 1755. d. 1819. was a Colonel in the Continental Army and a friend of George Washington. In fact Charles and Nancy were married at Valley Forge. Is this the William in your family tree?

William Douglas Simms

John (View posts)
Posted: 26 Apr 2000 4:45PM GMT

Very appreciative of your response to my inquiry re William Douglas Simms - -it sounds very promising, but maybe a generation early., since my information is to the effect the one of his children - Marcelina, my g.g.grandmother - was born 1832, 'in Virginia' according to census info.

Would you be able to tell me whether he may have had a son by the same name ? And also, can you tell me anything about William Douglas' death - where, and whether there was a will, or any other hints by which I might be able to take the search for the line into the next generation ?

Again , my great appreciation

William Douglas Simms

J. Balestreri (View posts)
Posted: 27 Apr 2000 8:16PM GMT
I have William Douglas Simms as being born 1783 and dying 1822. His wife Emily Neville b. 1786. I am still trying to find out how many children they had etc. My branch of the family starts in Indiana with a Thomas L. Sims. He married a Nancy Jane Noble. I will keep your name etc. and if I come across any information I will get in touch. Please do like wise.

William Douglas Simms

SSimms (View posts)
Posted: 4 Aug 2000 8:12AM GMT
Hi John, just looking through the messages and hopefully I can help you. Colonel Charles Simms is by 5th great grandfather. His son, William Douglas married Emily Neville, the daughter of Presly and Nancy Morgan Neville. They had 1 Child, Virginia Neville Simms, who married Franck Taylor. Their son, Major Daniel Morgan Taylor, was the father of Mrs. Annie Taylor Borum, born at Rock Island, Illinois, a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution. Please contact me should you have additional questions.

Re: William Douglass Simms

Posted: 10 Nov 2001 10:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Feb 2002 2:50PM GMT
William Douglass Simms, son of Charles and Nancy (Douglass) Simms, was born in 1783 in Virginia and died in 1822 in Pensacola, Florida. He married, in 1807, Emily Morgan Neville, daughter of Presley and Nancy (Morgan) Neville. She was born in 1786 in Ohio and died in 1821 in Pittsburgh. William and Emily had 3 children: Nancy Neville who was born and died in 1808; Neville who married ______ McGuire; and Virginia Neville who married Frank Taylor. Hope this information helps.

Posted: 27 Oct 2002 6:07AM GMT
Edited: 20 Apr 2004 7:19AM GMT
Nancy Morgan Neville Simms was born in Pittsburgh, Pa., not in Ohio. Do you have documentation of her birth in Ohio??

Posted: 27 Oct 2002 6:07AM GMT
Nancy Morgan Neville Simms was born in Pittsburgh, Pa., not in Ohio. Do you have documentation of her birth in Ohio??

Posted: 27 Oct 2002 6:09AM GMT
Correction: Message I just posted was about Emily Morgan Neville Simms (I incorrectly typed Nancy). Emily was born in Pittsburgh. On what documentation is birth in Ohio statement based? Thanks!

Donna Ewins (View posts)
Posted: 30 Oct 2002 5:50PM GMT
The information in my database is that she was born in Neville, Clermont County, Ohio, but I don't yet have the source documented. I have so much Simms and other information to add to my database and am really behind in doing it. When I do identify the source, I will let you know. I do now have a 4th child, Charles Neville Simms. If you have any information on this family, I would really appreciate receiving it. I have extensive information on William Douglass Simms and his ancestry if you are interested.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions