Search for content in message boards

Is There A List of Victims?

Is There A List of Victims?

Posted: 19 Feb 2007 6:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: KEMP, FOWLER, EVANS, ADAMS, TOMLINSON, SNOWDEN
I'm looking for a family named KEMP that was killed after the civil war by a group of men... carpetbaggers, jayhawkers, deserters, gangs, or whatever/whoever.

Is anyone aware of a list of people who fell victim to these types of groups after the war? The killing could have taken place in IL, MO, KY... generally that area.

There is a huge KEMP population on the western coast of the middle of IL, but it seems to me they would be too far north. Any thoughts on that?

I've searched census info and tried to find KEMP families in 1860 and compare them to KEMP families that weren't around in 1870, but am having no success because of the huge number of KEMPS! And of course, there's the possibility that KEMP could be KEMPF, CAMP, etc. The only clue I have concerning the ages of these KEMPs is by the lone surviving family member who was 7 years of age at the time. Anyone have other ideas on how to find this family?

Thanks,
Barbara
brakeshot@comcast.net

Re: Is There A List of Victims?

Posted: 21 Nov 2011 9:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions