Search for content in message boards

Darkus Harris Phillips.....any help please?

Darkus Harris Phillips.....any help please?

Connie Fowler (View posts)
Posted: 6 Oct 2000 5:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Mar 2006 4:13AM GMT
Surnames: Harris, Phillips, Milam
I am looking for the parents of Darkus "Dark Eyes" Harris Phillips. She married and one of her daughter's was Sarah Ann Phillips Milam. I need any information on Darkus or Sarah Ann that anyone may have. Darkus is full-blood Cherokee Indian.

DARK EYES

RHONDA BROOKS FEASER (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2001 1:56PM GMT
Edited: 25 Mar 2006 4:14AM GMT
Surnames: Woods
ARE YOU SEARCHING FOR INFORMATION ON DARCUS I DO HAVE SOME INFO ON HER HER PARENT HUSBAND AND CHILDREN ARE YOU ALSO LOOKING FOR SARAH ANN WOODS SHE WAS ALSO INDIAN I BELIEVE FROM MY RESEARCH SHE WAS CHOCATAW LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED I HAVE QUITE A BIT
THANK YOU RHONDA

Darcus and Sarah Ann

Connie (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2001 3:48PM GMT
Edited: 25 Mar 2006 4:14AM GMT
Surnames: Milam, Harris
i am searching for information on darcus harris and her parents. i located a website over the milam name and it contained most everything about her children and her husband because sarah ann married a milam man. sarah ann is my 4th generation grandmother i believe. the line is being passed completely through women to me and we've been searching for a long time for darcus harris's parents. i apreciate any help you can give.

Dark Eyes

RHONDA FEASER (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2001 6:22PM GMT
Edited: 25 Mar 2006 4:16AM GMT
Surnames: Harris, Milam, White
THE INFORMATION I HAVE ON JAMES MORROW MILAM (JIMMY) IS THAT HE FIRST MARRIED DORCAS C HARRIS MAY 16 1840 AND THEN TO JULIA A WHITE JULY 13 1869 DARK EYES (DORCAS) FATHER WAS A CHEROKEE INDIAN CHEIF HIS WHITE NAME WAS JOHN HARRIS HE CAN BE FOUND ON THE EASTERN CHEROKEE ROLLS THAT DATE TO THE TRAIL OF TEARS THIS MAY BE THE RELATIVE THE FAMILY STORIES TALKS ABOUT ESCAPING THE TRAIL OF TEARS AND GOING DOWN TO ARKANSAS HE WAS ALSO KNOWN TO FAMILY MEMBERS AS JOSEPH OR JOE TOM
I BELIEVE I HAVE HIS INDIAN NAME SOME WHERE TO AND HER MOTHERS NAME ALSO BUT I HAVE TO DIG ALITTLE DEEPER AND MY 3 YEAR OLD NIECE IS DEMANDING ALL MY TIME WHICH I AM GLAD TO GIVE! I NEED ALSO TO KNOW WHICH SARAH ANN YOU ARE LOOKING FOR JOELS WIFE SARAH ANN WOODS? PLEASE LET ME KNOW I WILL KEEP CHECKING TONIGHT!

Sarah Ann Milam Phillips

connie (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2001 5:38PM GMT
Edited: 25 Mar 2006 4:15AM GMT
Surnames: Phillips, Milam, Woods
saran ann milam phillips is the sarah ann i am referring too. her husband was william (bill) phillips. i have internet sources that talk about darcus's children and her husband's second wife's children off of a milam site but i'm tracking darcus instead of milam. i have direct information about sarah ann phillips but i don't know if she was ever a woods. i will dig into her a little deeper and see if i can find out if it's the same. i have to find my papers with her birthdate and deathdate and i'll send that along as soon as possible. you can email me directly at genxnow@aol.com if you like.
Posted: 27 May 2003 2:05AM GMT
Edited: 25 Mar 2006 4:15AM GMT
Surnames: Phillips, Milam
Ok, it's been a long while since I've been on here but I know now that the Sarah Ann Milam Phillips I'm referring to wasn't ever a Woods that I can track down. Her husband was William Carlisle Phillips and this Sarah Ann Milam Phillips was one of twins. One died shortly after birth. I am still looking for that information on Dorcas Rebecca Harris Milam's parents. I also, have a better email address to use. I get too much junk at the other one now so I don't use it anymore. If you find something, you can email me at ford4life69@yahoo.com.

Thanx,

Connie
Posted: 27 May 2003 2:06AM GMT
Surnames: Phillips, Woods, Milam
Ok, it's been a long while since I've been on here but I know now that the Sarah Ann Milam Phillips I'm referring to wasn't ever a Woods that I can track down. Her husband was William Carlisle Phillips and this Sarah Ann Milam Phillips was one of twins. One died shortly after birth. I am still looking for that information on Dorcas Rebecca Harris Milam's parents. I also, have a better email address to use. I get too much junk at the other one now so I don't use it anymore. If you find something, you can email me at ford4life69@yahoo.com.

Thanx,

Connie

Darcus and Sarah Ann

jean (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jul 2003 8:56PM GMT
Edited: 25 Mar 2006 4:17AM GMT
Surnames: Miliam, Harris
darcus milam is also my 4th grand mother i have some info e-mail me @ cherokeejean2003@hotmail.com

Dark Eyes

Posted: 11 Sep 2003 2:44AM GMT
Surnames: Milam
I, too, am also looking for any info about Dorcas Harris Milam's family. She is my GGG grandmother.

Dark Eyes

Posted: 11 Sep 2003 2:47AM GMT
Surnames: Milam, Harris, McDaniel
I need to clarify my 1st post. I am seeking info for her side of the family. Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions