Search for content in message boards

Rev. Isaac Smith ( 1795-1867) Circuit Rider Eastern Tenn

Rev. Isaac Smith ( 1795-1867) Circuit Rider Eastern Tenn

Suzi Sweeney (View posts)
Posted: 18 Mar 2002 1:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Mar 2003 1:18PM GMT
Surnames: Smith, Elliott
My ancester Isaac Smith was born in Va in 1795. He married Matilda Elliott in 1818 in Va. He was circuit rider for eastern Tenn and settled in what is now Scott Co Tenn. He and Matilda a re buried there. I am looking for any information on him as I cannot get past him to find out his parents or sibs names etc.
Thank you

Re: Rev. Isaac Smith ( 1795-1867) Circuit Rider Eastern Tenn

Posted: 30 Mar 2002 8:55PM GMT
Edited: 20 Mar 2003 1:19PM GMT
Surnames: Hammond
Dear Suzi:

I saw your message about Methodist Circuit Riders. The names you listed did not fit in to those for which I am searching. I'm looking for a John Wesley Hammond, born in N.C. in the mid 19th century and then went to East Tennessee and maybe to Texas to work on construction of the capitol in the latter part of the 19th century. I have only heard stories he was a Methodist Circuit Rider and have no other proof. Thought I would send this to you in event you run across the name. I wish you the best and will likewise send you anything I find on your family.

I will have a new e-mail address in the next month with Road Runner. It will be cdavis121@austin.rr.com

Best wishes

Claude Davis
12445 Fairfax Ridge Place
Austin, Texas 78738

Posted: 25 Jan 2008 1:07AM GMT
Surnames: Smith /Elliott
I remember my mother talking of a Mattie Smith who was a circuit rider and did doctoring and hunting My Granfather is Isaac Smith b.June 16,1834 in VA and married Rebecca Mason
My grandfather Isaac 's fathers name was John R Smith bJuly 7, 1798 who married Nancy Ann Elliott
Could your Isaac and my John have been brothers? My greatgrandfather John had brothers,Richard, Benjamin,Isaac,Absolom and a sister Rebecca Their mother and father were Richard Smith and Jane corothers

Posted: 29 Mar 2013 7:26PM GMT
Isaac M. Smith
Birth: 1795 in White Rock VA
Death: 13 Apr 1867 in Oneida, Scott Co.,Tennessee,USA
Burial: 1867 in Carson Memorial Cemetery, Oneida, Scott Co., Tennessee, USA
Marriage: 08 Jan 1818 in White Rock,Washington,Virginia,USA
Catherine Alice Baker
Father: Ephraim Smith Sr.
Mother:
Wife: Matilda Rose Elliott
Birth: 1800 in Washington Co.,Virginia,USA
Death: 1867 in Oneida, Scott Co.,Tennessee,USA
Burial: 1871 in Oneida, Scott Co.,Tennessee,USA; Carson Memorial Cemetery
Elizabeth Bollinger
Father: Thomas Elliott
Mother:

I hope this helps.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions