Search for content in message boards

Looking for Thomas A WARD from Birmingham England or some relation he may have alive

Looking for Thomas A WARD from Birmingham England or some relation he may have alive

Posted: 22 Feb 2013 1:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Feb 2013 7:08PM GMT
Surnames: Ward
Hello.
I am hoping someone out their can Help me in my research for Thomas A. Ward who was born in 1932 0r 1928 and was in the Korean war in 1950 to 1953 he was in A prison Camp in Chang Song his Serial number may have been 14280997. Before I go any further this person in not related to me but to my Husband’s best friend Bill who was in the prison camp with Thomas and Bill has been trying to find his friend Thomas A. Ward,From what I was told Thomas is from Birmingham and the address I was given for him was 1 Kernthorpe Rd, King heath, Birmingham England from what my husband’s friend told me, while him and Thomas were in Prison camp they kept one another alive and became very good friends the last time Thomas’s friend Bill heard word from Thomas was in 1955 and now he wants to know if his good friend is still alive or dead or maybe some relations of Thomas’s. Bill is now 83 yrs old and he said his friend Thomas would be about the same age as him. Thomas was Captured in 1951 and was released in 1953. I am hoping some good Samaritan can help.if you have any news on Thomas contact me here Thank you. Kind regards
Paula

Re: Looking for Thomas A ward or some relation he may have alive

Posted: 22 Feb 2013 2:46PM GMT
This request is on the Northamptonshire board and if he was from Birmingham you'd have more luck ont he Warwickshire one.

Maybe a moderator can move it?

Posted: 22 Feb 2013 3:50PM GMT
can you help me would you know the war office postal address as I think I should write to them as well this is would help at I am trying to bring to old Veterans together. thank for your help.you are so kind..

Posted: 22 Feb 2013 4:13PM GMT
Only by googling it,which I'm sure you can do?

Posted: 22 Feb 2013 4:21PM GMT
I have just found an Augustus Ward at 1 Kernthorpe Road in the 1955 electoral rolls......his dad maybe?

Posted: 22 Feb 2013 4:58PM GMT
yes. thank so much that is him.can you tell me dose he have a contact number and full address so i can make contact with him please..

Posted: 22 Feb 2013 5:05PM GMT
ok thank you.

Posted: 22 Feb 2013 5:17PM GMT
That address was nearly 60 years ago ;-)

I would try and get a more up to date record of who was at that address later in the 1950's and 60's.

I can't pinpoint a dad Augustus to a suitable Birmingham marriage at all or a c1930 birth of a Thomas A Ward. See for yourself on http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/

If it were me I would email http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/Web/corporate/pages.nsf/Links... for some electoral roll look ups.

No deaths yet either of a Thomas A Ward born c 1930 ish.

Why didn't he have a more unusual surname ;-)

Carol

Re: Thomas A WARD from Birmingham England or some relation he may have alive

Posted: 22 Feb 2013 6:01PM GMT
Edited: 22 Feb 2013 7:10PM GMT
Hi Carol.
Thomas Augustus Ward may have went by his middle name. all I can tell you he was in the prison camp with a Amercan who was in Koean war 1950's this man i am doing the search for is 83 yrs old and rememberes his friend very well.he was tell me how they both kept each other alive one would sleep on the others lap and the other would keep watch.afraid to sleep fear of been killed.and when they were released from the camp they both remained friend.

Re: Thomas A WARD from Birmingham England or some relation he may have alive

Posted: 22 Feb 2013 6:29PM GMT
Classification: Death
Edited: 22 Feb 2013 7:10PM GMT
At 1 Kernthorpe Road in 1960 is an Augustine A Ward.
I'll do some research on that name and see what turns up.

This is the only death of someone with that name in Birmingham,it may be worth getting the cert.

Use the GRO it will cost you £9-25.
http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

Name: Augustine Ward
Birth Date: 14 Jan 1933
Date of Registration: May 1998
Age at Death: 65
Registration district: Birmingham
Inferred County: Warwickshire
Register Number: N12B
District and Subdistrict: 0611N
Entry number: 20
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions