Search for content in message boards

Glendale Township Cemetery, Kendall

Glendale Township Cemetery, Kendall

e katuin (View posts)
Posted: 29 Sep 2006 4:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Buckner Buchner Day
Could someone help me with the location of this cemetery? I.e., is it actually in the village of Kendall? If not, does anyone know the road it is on? I have the grave transcriptions, and I can find Kendall on the map, but I can't find an exact location of the cemetery anywhere -- I'll be making a photo expedition to several area cemeteries and want to limit aimless driving around as much as possible.

Thanks much!

Re: Glendale Township Cemetery, Kendall

Ann (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 2006 6:05PM GMT
Classification: Lookup

Hello e,Glendale Cemetery is next to St. Joseph's Cemetery and Church. Going south it is off Hwy 71 in the 300 block of Spring Street. Another site you may want to look at on the web is WIGenWeb Project. I usually look for WIGenWeb and its list of counties...you pick a county and there is information on geneology. Glendale Cemetery is listed in Monroe County. Also there is a History Room at the County Seat in Sparta that may interest you. Hope this will help you. Ann

Posted: 6 Oct 2006 4:39PM GMT
Edited: 15 Oct 2006 12:19AM GMT
Yes, it is in the Village of Kendall. I think the proper name is "Glendale Cemetery", not "Glendale Township Cemetery" but I suppose that varies. I was just there in June again. As the other poster noted it is indexed on wigenweb and its location in the Village of Kendall is accurately given there. The main URL with a link to the transcription is:

http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/wi/monroe/m-cem.htm

I see that Day is one of your surnames. Will you be visiting the Calvin Day Cemetery in Town of Wellingtown, too. Wonderful ridgetop setting and some ancient markers.

E Katuin (View posts)
Posted: 6 Oct 2006 8:36PM GMT
Thank you both for your replies --

Ann, your info was just what I was looking for & will save me from having to squeeze in a side-trip to Sparta on an already jam-packed day!

Richard, yes I will indeed be visiting the Day Family Cemetery -- Calvin was my gr-grandfather and it is long past time I paid my respects!

Thanks again to you both,

Elaine

Posted: 29 Sep 2008 9:27PM GMT
Hi, I am going to the cemetary that you are looking for this coming Fri. Oct. 3, the cemetary in Glendale that I think you are looking for is 301 Spring St. next to St. Joseph Catholic church.right off of county hwy 71. Hi also will be taking pictures of the cemetary of my ancestors. Mary

Posted: 30 Sep 2008 2:58AM GMT
Mary,

Thank you -- I did find the cemetery & my gg-grandparent's gave.

I appreciate your response. It is a pretty spot and a pretty cemetery, by the way.

Elaine

Re: Glendale Cemetery, Kendall

Posted: 12 Apr 2013 10:31PM GMT
Surnames: Denton, Germond
Would anyone have the address for this cemetery?

I see on the Web that people are still being interred there so there must be an office that oversees this cemetery. I am looking for the address of the office for the Glendale Cemetery so that I can contact them.

I've seen the transcribed list on the WIGenWeb web site for Monroe but it didn't have James H. Denton listed. Yet his death certificate states he was buried in Glendale. I now want to find out about his wife, Elizabeth Germond.

Thanks,
Cathy-0

Posted: 13 Apr 2013 1:39PM GMT
I posted a pic of the cemetery gate on findagrave.com a few years ago. If you click on it to enlarge it, it says to call the village office at 608-463-7124...

http://image2.findagrave.com/photos/2007/45/CEM46891406_1171...

You could also check the Monroe County History Room -- they are super helpful

http://www.monroecountyhistory.org/indexdata.php

Posted: 13 Apr 2013 6:34PM GMT
Many thanks! I had overlooked the fine print on the photo on Find A Grave. But now that you've brought it to my attention, I see it.

Again, my thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic