Search for content in message boards

Dorrance Cemetery inscriptions

Dorrance Cemetery inscriptions

Posted: 11 Oct 2001 3:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Jun 2005 8:52PM GMT
Surnames: EIGENBROD, RINEHIMER
Did someone do a listing of tombstone inscriprions for this cemetery ?
Is is available to buy or have look-ups done ?

I am looking for Rinehimers and Eigenbrods, possibly others

Re: Dorrance Cemetery inscriptions

Posted: 13 Oct 2001 5:04AM GMT
Hi Alice. I was planning on going to the Emmanuel Cemetery in Dorrance on Saturday (10-13) looking for Rinehimers in fact. I'll keep my eye out for Eigenbrods as well.

May I ask how you tie in to the Rinehimers, and are you looking in Slocum and Stairville as well?

I'll keep you updated.

Brian

Posted: 14 Oct 2001 12:34AM GMT
Edited: 16 Jun 2005 8:52PM GMT
Surnames: EIGENBROD, HESS, EROH, KNORR, RINEHIMER
Cora Eigenbrod Hess is my great grandmother.
Her parents were George Eigenbrod and Mary Catherine Rinehimer. Cora had one sister, Hannah Knorr and brothers, Gustave, John, William, and George, Hannah and Cora were older than the brothers. Mary Catherine Rinehimer was the daughter of Hannah Eroh and William Rinehimer.

Posted: 14 Oct 2001 6:11PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jun 2004 2:30AM GMT
Surnames: Case, Lunger
I would appreciate anyone checking the Dorrance cemetery keeping an eye out for 'Case' or 'Lunger'. My father, Henry A. Case, according to his social security card application, was born in March of 1913 in 'Dorranceton' which may be a misnomer for Dorrance. (Do you know of a place called 'Dorranceton'?) His father was Aaron Oliver Case who died in 1977 in CA. His mother was Catherine Lunger who also died in CA, time unknown.
Thanks for any help!

Posted: 14 Oct 2001 8:35PM GMT
Dorrance Township is in the southern part of Luzerne County. Dorranceton is a borough that has been absorbed by the cities of Kingston and Forty Fort, in the northeast part of Luzerne County. If you're trying to find info on either of those areas, you should probably try Kingston or Forty Fort.

Posted: 15 Oct 2001 12:34AM GMT
Edited: 9 Jun 2004 2:30AM GMT
Appreciate the quick information! Thanks.

Posted: 4 Aug 2003 11:42PM GMT
Edited: 17 Aug 2003 1:59AM GMT
Hi Alice you say Cora was your gr. grandmother well it just so happens that she is my gr. Aunts (Carol) grandmother.I do geneology for Carol.E-mail me sometime and we can share what we have.

Chris
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions