Search for content in message boards

Mt Vidio residence 1871- Richard HAMILTON, wife Cate?

Mt Vidio residence 1871- Richard HAMILTON, wife Cate?

Tami (View posts)
Posted: 3 Dec 2005 3:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HAMILTON, FERGUSON
Looking for family and information of Richard HAMILTON, who may have married Cate or Catherine. He wrote a letter in 1871 and told his sister that his address was Mt. Vidio, Bullitt Co. KY. He said he had "another son" - so he must have had several sons. He also says that "Cate sends her love" - so I am thinking that Cate may be his wife.

I believe Richard was born around 1835. He was orphaned at an early age, and went to live with FERGUISON grandparents. In 1860, he is in :

Shepherdsville, line 33-
#215-107 BB Furguson 32 m farmer 400 KY
Paulina 37 f KY
Rich'd Hamilton 21 m farm laborer KY
--
Unable to find Richard and family in 1870 and 1880.

Does anyone know where Mt. Vidio was located? I have been unsuccessful at map searches for this town. He may be there in 1870, but I am unsure of where to begin searching the microfilm rolls.

Thanks so much for helps and suggestions.

Tami

Re: Mt Vidio residence 1871- Richard HAMILTON, wife Cate?

Posted: 8 Jan 2006 11:02PM GMT
Tami,

Here is a small amount of info that I have access to - it doesn't answer all your questions but it might help

8 Feb 1866
Richard Hamilton,26, f. - Ruebin Hamilton married
Mrs. Elizabeth Catherine Pharis, 22, f. Mr. Cheshire

17 Dec 1860
Walter F. Farris, 21 married
Elizabeth Cheshire, 17, f. - John S. Cheshire

I believe that Ruebin Hamilton married Sarah Ferguson

Janet Newkirk Sparks

Re: Mt Vidio residence 1871- Richard HAMILTON, wife Cate?

Tami (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jan 2006 5:07AM GMT
Thank you Janet! Yes, Ruben married Sarah Ferguson! Richard Hamilton was raised by the Fergusons after he was orphaned, and this Ruben is related to Richard.

If I read your information correctly, Richard married Elizabeth Cath. Pharis in 1866? Was this listed somewhere as a marriage date? Was this Ruebin listed as a witness? I wasn't sure if your information was from marriage records.

Thanks Janet for helping! I am thrilled to have this date. Please confirm this as a marriage date, and let me know what your source was!

Thanks so much! I appreciate your help with this family.

Tami
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions