Posted: 23 Dec 2002 4:14PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 29 Sep 2003 4:36PM GMT
Surnames: Davidson, Szutenbach, Stacks
DAVIDSON (Szutenbach), Joan
Of Bloomingdale, Michigan
Formerly of Cedar Lake,
Indiana

Passed away at her residence in Michigan on October 9, 2002. Joan is survived by her father, Henry Szutenbach of Crown Point; brothers, Peter Szutenbach of Calumet City, Illinois, Harry Szutenbach of Lowell, Indiana and Richard (Dreama) Szutenbach of Dover, Delaware; sister, Mary Stacks of Cedar Lake, Indiana; niece, Andrea; nephews, Robert, David, Chris, Richie, Bryan and Shane. Preceded in death by her devoted husband, James Davidson; mother, Joanna Szutenbach; and brother, Jerry Szutenbach. Funeral services will be conducted from the Burdan Funeral Home, 12901 Wicker Avenue (corner of 129th and Rt 41), Cedar Lake, Indiana at 11:00 A.M. on Tuesday, October 15, 2002 with Father Edward J. Kennedy officiating. Burial will follow at Holy Name Catholic Cemetery, Cedar Lake. Friends may meet with the family at the Burdan Funeral Home, 12901 Wicker Ave., Cedar Lake, IN on Monday, October 14th, 3:00 to 8:00 p.m. Joan enjoyed crafts and sewing. She was a loyal care giver to her family who will miss her greatly. For further information please contact the Burdan Funeral Home at 219-374-5518.
Published in the Kalamazoo Gazette on 10/15/2002. (posted by a volunteer-no family connection)

Re: Joan (Szutenbach) Davidson

Posted: 13 Nov 2005 8:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Dec 2005 11:07PM GMT
Surnames: Szutenbach, Szuttenbach, Schuttenbach
Hallo,

Joan Szuttenbach and me must have mutual roots.
I guess the family Szuttenbach came to the USA from Poland.
How can I get in touch with the other members of the family?

Best regards
Marius von Schuttenbach
mvs@osbach.de

Mary Stacks (Szutenbach) (View posts)
Posted: 11 May 2006 4:58PM GMT
Joan was my sister. My mother was from Poland. Somewhere down the line I suppose my father's side of the family could have come from Poland. My father's family lived on the South side of Chicago.

Marius von Schuttenbach (View posts)
Posted: 11 May 2006 6:51PM GMT
Hallo Mary,
thank you for your message. Do you know the first names of your father and your granfather in the Szutenbach line?
Regards
M. v. Schuttenbach

Mary Stacks (View posts)
Posted: 12 May 2006 2:17PM GMT
Surnames: Szutenbach
My father's name was Henry. His father was John if I remember correctly. My father died August 2005 & was 84. His father died when he was around 13.

Marius von Schuttenbach (View posts)
Posted: 13 May 2006 4:28PM GMT
I suppose that your grandfather John was born on 8th December 1886 in Poland in the region called Kujawy. Some members of the family Szutenbach came to the USA at the end of the 19th and the beginning of the 20th century. Unfortunately, the different lines in the USA do not know how they are related to each other.
Do you maybe know whether your grandfather had a sister Helena (Helen) who also came to the USA and was married with Mr Kamedula?
Due to your answer your grandfather died about 1934. Is it possible that he died at the age of +/- 48 years?

Posted: 4 Aug 2009 7:08PM GMT
If your mother were Joanna Anuszewska I would be able to reconstruct 200 years of your family history.

Best regard
Marius v. Schuttenbach

Posted: 6 Mar 2013 9:50PM GMT
Hi Marius,

I stumbled upon this while looking up ancestry information for my children. We would love to know more about the Szutenbach Family history.

Thanks,
Tiffany
per page

Find a board about a specific topic