Search for content in message boards

Important 1810 document for Mamakating and Lumberland missing 2 pages.

Important 1810 document for Mamakating and Lumberland missing 2 pages.

Posted: 6 May 2010 11:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
The listings for Mamakating and Lumberland in an important 1810 document are each missing two pages. (I can't say which document or the folks at Ancestry will move this post to an obscure place where you are unlikely to find it.) The National Archives looked for the missing pages on their microfilms of the original documents, but the pages are not there. They said that they assume these pages were simply missed when the documents were being photographed. Two pages would have included about 60 names in each township. The pages are numbered in heavy pencil with a three digit number, Mamakating is missing pages 578 and 579, Lumberland pages 609 and 610 (this appears to be the same 2 facing pages, the document being jumbled up to some extent). These pages clearly did exist at oee time, the totals of inhabitance do not add up, plus the numbers of the missing pages can be seen through some of the existing pages.

I'm posting this simply to make others aware of this fact. If you are searching for someone in Mamakating or Lumberland who should be there but isn't, it's quite possible their names have been lost. Regards, Richard

Re: Important 1810 document for Mamakating and Lumberland missing 2 pages.

Posted: 5 Jun 2010 6:32PM GMT
This post was deleted by the author on 5 Jun 2013 2:14AM GMT

Posted: 14 May 2013 1:20AM GMT
Is there anyone local who can check to see if these pages are available at the county level?

Posted: 5 Jun 2013 1:44AM GMT
This post was deleted by the author on 5 Jun 2013 2:14AM GMT

Posted: 5 Jun 2013 1:55AM GMT
Hi, I can assure you I looked in all places, the county doesn't have them. It seems the pages were simply skipped when photographed and are lost. I wrote the original post simply to inform anyone searching these censuses that, just because they didn't find someone, it doesn't mean they weren't there at that time.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions