Search for content in message boards

Daniel Boone Barger m Mary Ann Jones, grson of Geo Barger & Hannah Boone?

Daniel Boone Barger m Mary Ann Jones, grson of Geo Barger & Hannah Boone?

Connie Field (View posts)
Posted: 28 Sep 2004 9:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Barger/Boone, Barger/Jones, Barger/Sims
Need info if my Daniel Boone Barger, son of Josiah is the grandson of George Barger and Hannah Boone. Is Hannah the sister of "the" Daniel Boone? Family legend has it that my mother-in-law was a 5th or 6th generation grand-dau of Daniel Boone. Maybe she is a gr-gr niece? Any ingo would be helpful. Thanks to all that replies.

Re: Daniel Boone Barger m Mary Ann Jones, grson of Geo Barger & Hannah Boone?

Betty Carson (View posts)
Posted: 29 Oct 2004 1:12PM GMT
Josiah Barger b. 6 Mar 1725/26 died 1814 in Woodford Co. Ky. He was the son of George Boone and Deborah Howell. Josiah Barger married Hannah Henton in 1750 Berks Co. PA. Some say she died and he later married Hannah Hite. I have looked for years and have not found any proof that that is the case. Unfortunately it is important because Hannah Boone who married George Barger would be the daughter of Hannah Hite - if that is the case.

connie field (View posts)
Posted: 2 Nov 2004 4:36AM GMT
Surnames: Sims, Aaron, Barger, Jones
Does anyone know who Daniel Boone Barger's grandparents were? Family legend has it that my mother-in-law, Edith Evelyn Sims was a 5th or 6th generation grand-daughter of Daniel Boone, Her grandmother was Mariah Emily Barger, daughter of Daniel Boone Barger and Mary Ann Stop Jones.
Any information would be helpful. Thank you

Posted: 2 Nov 2004 10:54AM GMT
My fingers weren't working when I wrote that last answer. Let me start again: Josiah Boone b. 1725 died 1814 was the son of George Boone and Hannah Howell. (not Josiah Barger)
Josiah Boone married Hannah Henton and (some say) Hannah Hite. His daughter Hannah Boone married George Barger and THEY had Josiah Barger.

Connie Field (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 2004 5:07AM GMT
My Daniel Boone Barger was born 29 Oct 1818. I think his father was Josiah Barger born May 18,1790 in Virginia. I also believe he was the son of George Barger who was married to Hannah Boone, sister of the famous Daniel Boone. But have no definite proof of this. I need to find someone who has the family genealogy for the famous Daniel Boone, his siblings and etc. Any suggestions?

Posted: 4 Nov 2004 12:40PM GMT
Hannah Boone, sister of "THE" Daniel Boone was born Aug 1746 (page 83- Spraker "The Boone Family") married (1)John Stewart (2) Richard Pennington. Daniel was the son of Squire.
Hannah Boone who married George Barger was the daughter of Josiah Boone. Josiah Boone was the son of George Boone IV and Deborah Howell.
George IV and Squire were brothers, sons of George Boone III.
I am sorry if what I posted before confused anyone. All the Georges and Josiahs are confusing but that is no excuse and I am sorry for any confusion.
And if we want to get really confused - Josiah Boone married Hannah Henton. There is discussion as to whether he had two wives named Hannah - Hannah Henton and then Hannah Hite. So far I have seen no proof that Hannah Henton died or proof of a Hite marriage. Then the Bargers. I think (with circumstantial evidence) that George Barger was really Wolfenbarger and that he and his brother John changed their names in Culpeper Co. during the late 1700's and moved to KY after their father died.
And yes - Daniel Boone Barger was the son of Josiah Barger and Sarah Garnett

Posted: 3 Feb 2006 3:40AM GMT
Edited: 15 Apr 2006 12:22AM GMT
Surnames: Barger
My greatgrandfather was a Daniel Boone Barger his wife was Margaret Ann ( they are buried in Marion Ky. His father was Addison Barger grandfather was John who was the son of George Barger and Hannah Boone. who were married in 1789
If you go to the Daniel Boone site it list Georg and Hannah and family. Hannah was Daniels aunt.

Joyce Putnam (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 2006 3:43AM GMT
check the Daniel Boone site it is great but will show you some you think is not right. Read carefully may even want to print the part where the Barger is so you can follow it.

Posted: 3 Feb 2006 3:47AM GMT
Edited: 15 Apr 2006 12:22AM GMT
You maybe right on DB Barger but there is also another one in that line who was my greatgrandfather born in 1850 buried in Marion Ky 1915 and his greatgrandparents were George Barger and Hannah Boone married in 1789 from Culpepper Va.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions