Search for content in message boards

Simpson (ok,tx)

Simpson (ok,tx)

James Simpson (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2000 4:17AM GMT
I,ve been told that the Simpson,s came from Tx.James N.Simpson married Sarah Mcgiure,they had James Cornelius Simpson he married Mary Elizabeth Avants,these 2 are buried in Finley,Ok.,they had 10 kids,they are J.H.(dock),Eula,Myrtha,Helen,Hubert,Bud, Earl,Woodrow,JayHollis Who is my grandpa.Hollis married Vera Watson,they had 4 kids,James C.,Marie,LoisKenneth who is my dad.Does anyone know any thing about any of these people?

James Newton Simpson

Posted: 27 Aug 2000 5:04PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2002 12:33AM GMT
James Newton Simpson, son of James Buter Simpson and Permelia Davis Simpson, was born 4-29-1845 and married Sarah Catheron McGuyer (12-02-1868)who was born 10-22-1849 and died 12-29-1929 and both are buried in the Charleston Cemetery in Charleston, Delta County, Texas. Their children were: Mary Richardson Simpson, born 3-05-1870. She is buried in Saltillo, TX; James Cornielus Simpson, born 1-24-1872 and died 4-12-1941; John Simpson born 3-22-1876 and died June of 1936; Newton Ernest Simpson was born 5-02-1878 and was called Bud; Rufus Simpson was born 12-15-1881 and died 1-01-1905; Mira Simpson was born 8-22-1883; and Bonnie Catheron Simpson was born 10-21-1887, married on 10-22-1905 and died 09-28-1966. My great grandfather was John Davis Simpson, a bother of James Newton Simpson and they with their father all served in the Confederate Army with another brother Willaim W. Simpson. Permelia R. Davis Simpson was l/2 blooded Cherokee Indian and was born in Bedford County, Tennessee and they were married in Franklin County, Arkansas on May 27, 1838. I have not been able to trace their parents. I would be interested in hearing from you.

James N.Simpson

James E.Simpson (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 2000 5:40PM GMT
Hello,finally glad to hear from someone who knows something about my Simpson side.I have a cousin in Okla.City,Ok. who has the whole family tree.But I live in Waldron,Ar..And I dont get to see her much.James Newton Simpson was my g-g-gandfatherJames Cornelius was my g-grandfather,Hollis Lorenzo Simpson was my grandfather my dad was Kenneth Everrett Simpson.James Cornelius was married to Mary Elizabeth Avants b.1876 d.1915,Hollis was married to Vera Watson,he died in 1968 she died 1995.James C.alson had a son named Bud A.Simpson.My dad died in 1993 he was married to Thelma Pool.James C.,Mary,Hollis,Vera,Bud,J.H.(dock),Earl,Kenneth E.,James C.II,are all buried in Finley,Ok..Again it is so good to hear from you.My e-mail is fancy2@ipa.net,please write me back and tell me more,I,ve heard so many stories but I think most of them was fairy tales.thank you James E.Simpson

McGuyer family

Kathy McGuyer McCammond (View posts)
Posted: 9 May 2001 5:33PM GMT
Hi. I believe my grandfather was related to the McGuyer family that you mention in your message. My grandfather's name was Rufus McGuyer, and he lived in Cooper, Texas.

McGuire family

Posted: 10 May 2001 9:45AM GMT
It is always good to hear from people from Delta County, TX. There is much rich history from Charleston and that part of the county. I only wish that when I was a young girl that I had realized the important imformation that could have been learned from those folks who have now gone on to their reward. I hope you will glean all the information that you can from your relatives of the history of your family, both present and past. Best Wishes, Beaufer Nell Farr

McGuire Family

Posted: 10 May 2001 10:41AM GMT
Correction: James Newton Simpson married Sarah Catheron McGuire. Beaufer Nell Farr

Re: James Newton Simpson

Posted: 1 Apr 2002 5:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Aug 2003 1:57AM GMT
I just started researching my husbands family. His grandfather is Elmer Simpson, son of John Simpson. I believe that John is the son of James and Sally Simpson. I don't have alot of information. If you have any information about a connection between Elmer and John I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Billie SImpson
Texas

Re: McGuire Family

Posted: 24 Mar 2006 3:07AM GMT
Surnames: Simpson, McGuyer/McGuire
Hi,

I was in Charleston about a month ago and visited the cemetery to take pictures of the Simpson and McGuyer/McGuire headstones. If you are interested, I can send you digital photos.

Also, do you have any verification/proof that Permelia Davis was 1/2 Cherokee? We haven't been able to confirm anything about her family history. Her husband, James B. Simpson was my gggg-grandfather.

I greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide me on this family. Thanks!

Carrie

Cindy McPherson (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jun 2006 1:29AM GMT
Carrie,

James Butler is my ggg-gdad. My mother lives across the road from the cemetery in Charleston. While you were in the area, did you stop at the library in Cooper? They have books called " Voices in the Wind" that give lots of info about the cemeteries in Delta Co. My g- gmother was Bonnie Simpson and my mother and 1 uncle ( and lots other kin from different McGuyer and Simpson siblings) still live in Charleston. Mama is going to try to get a reunion together so if I come up with more info I'll let you know.

Carrie Urwiller (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jun 2006 3:15AM GMT
Surnames: Simpson
It's nice to meet another relative! No, I didn't stop at the Library. We were on a quick whirlwind day-trip while visiting my grandmother in Oklahoma. My cousin and I were doing a little bit of family research and had wanted to visit that cemetery. It's really beautiful around there. I would love to hear more information about the family and/or a reunion if there is one. I'm missing death dates/info on James Newton & Bonnie Catherine Simpson's siblings. Is it correct that she married James Oscar Boyd? Thanks again.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions