Search for content in message boards

Ancestry signing me out on iPad

Ancestry signing me out on iPad

Posted: 14 May 2012 11:24AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am also being randomly signed out. I am accessing my tree through Safari on my iPad (not the app). It started a couple of months ago and is so frustrating I am almost ready to give up. Like others have said I can work sometimes for an hour or more without a problem and then all of a sudden I have to sign in every few minutes. Other days it starts immediately especially when I try to open up a record. It has to be ancestry because I do not have this problem on any other sites.

Re: Ancestry signing me out on iPad

Posted: 18 May 2012 3:40AM GMT
It looks to me like they are exceeding the cookie length or session data and blowing out the login token

I contacted them months back but the said safari isnt supported...but they have an ipad app. Go figure. Please fix this ancestry...people are abandoning pcs for mobile devices and ipads make research easier.

Posted: 18 May 2012 4:52AM GMT
Yah, I get signed out on my ipad all the time...usually when I am doing a search. I have the Ancestry app and it signs me out of that too.

Posted: 18 May 2012 12:53PM GMT
I switched from Safari to another app called Atomic Web on my ipad and it seems to be better. I'm not getting signed out as often.

Posted: 6 Oct 2012 2:57AM GMT
It hasn't improved! I am very frustrated that I often have to go to my PC so I do not get signed out.

Posted: 6 Oct 2012 7:01PM GMT
I use the app on my iPhone and have the same problem. Terribly frustrating.

Posted: 8 Oct 2012 2:19AM GMT
I mostly use my iMac, system OSX 10.7.5 with the latest version of Safari. I contacted Ancestry at least 2 or 3 months ago to ask what was going on. The tech told me that it was a Safari problem and that I needed to trash the cache and it wouldn't be a problem. Well, I've done that several times, I've erased my "history", I tried using FireFox instead of Safari...nope...I still get logged out on a very regular basis. Some nights every time I do a search, I have to sign in...every time. I will even completely shut down my computer, restart and try again....same thing. Other days/nights I can get through almost all my searches without a problem. Tonight has been one of the bad times...I do more signing in than researching. HELP US ANCESTRY.COM!!! I have the iPhone app, but that's too difficult to use for actual researching...just to check on info.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions