Search for content in message boards

James Augustus Whitley

James Augustus Whitley

Posted: 9 Oct 2010 9:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
James A. Whitley was born 1841, died in Martin County 1915, married Addie Perkins in 1868. Some of their children: John Richard born 1872 married Mary Louise Savage; Maggie Daisy born 1874; Emmett P. born 1877 married Annie Lee Thomas; Myrtle May born 1879, died 1959 married William Riley Boyd; Lila Erle born 1888 married Charles A. Miller.
I am searching for information on the descendants of these children. Thanks for any help.

Re: James Augustus Whitley

Posted: 26 Jan 2011 3:59PM GMT
Email me at paul_harrison@verizon.net and give me some information and I might be able to help.

Posted: 23 Feb 2011 12:48AM GMT
If you are still looking for information on the James Augustus Whitley family, email me at paul_harrison@verizon.net

Posted: 4 Aug 2012 3:19PM GMT
Hi I'm wondering how your query has gone on the descendants of James Augustus. I believe he was my great, great grandfather through his son Emmett Perkins, but I'm trying to verify that connection.

Posted: 9 Aug 2012 2:27PM GMT
This is all the info I have for his descendants so far. I also have some ancestral info for James A. Whitley. Which child of Emmett Perkins Whitley and Annie Lee Thomas Whitley do you descend through?

Children of EMMETT WHITLEY and ANNIE THOMAS:

FRANKLIN BRUCE WHITLEY, b. 16 Oct 1908, Cross Roads Township, Martin County, NC; d. 16 Nov 1962, Williamston, Martin County, NC; m. HELEN ADAMS; b. Abt. 1912, burial Wood Lawn Cemetery, Williamston, Martin County, NC

DAISY LENA WHITLEY, b. 25 Feb 1910, Cross Roads Township, Martin County, NC.

GRACE R. WHITLEY, b. 1913, Cross Roads Township, Martin County, NC.

EMMETT PERKINS WHITLEY, JR., b. 09 Mar 1916, Williamston, Martin County, NC; d. 17 Nov 1981, hospital Charlotte, Mecklenburg County,NC.

SUSAN L. WHITLEY, born Williamston, Martin County, NC.

Posted: 9 Aug 2012 3:05PM GMT
That all looks right to me.. Susan Whitley was my grandmother.
Birth 25 Sep 1923 in North Carolina, USA
Death 18 May 1998 in Aldrich, Wadena, Minnesota, USA
She married a William Albert Adams from Mississippi on 26 June 1946 and shortly after moved to Minnesota. They had one son who is my dad.
Do you have any info on the parents of James Augustus Whitley?

Posted: 12 Aug 2012 4:52PM GMT
Thank you very much for sharing the info about Susan with me. I believe James Augustus Whitley was a descendant of Benjamin Francis Wheatley/Whitley [1798-1832] and Mary Daniel through their son James A. E. Whitley. I can send you documentation. I also have photos of the small cemetery in Martin County where Addie Perkins Whitley and other family members [probably including James Augustus] were buried. If you are interested, please contact me at linda.w.stockdale@gmail.com

Posted: 13 Aug 2012 1:43AM GMT
sorry that email doesn't seem to work.

Posted: 13 Aug 2012 1:12PM GMT
I have no idea what's wrong. Please try again

linda.w.stockdale@gmail.com

Posted: 29 Oct 2012 8:20PM GMT
James Augustus Whitley was my great great grandfather

Emmett Perkins Whitley, Jr was my grandfather.

He was married to Goldie Mae Sigmon.

They had 2 children: Pamela Whitley Smith and Gary Whitley

My name is Gabriel Keith Smith and I although I was born in Charlotte, NC I now live in Cape Town, South Africa. We have James Augustus Whitley's desk and spectacles in my parents home in Waxhaw, NC.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions