Search for content in message boards

Captain Thomas GAY - Jean SINCLAIR

Captain Thomas GAY - Jean SINCLAIR

Posted: 12 Mar 2005 11:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Apr 2005 8:21PM GMT
Seeking information on dates and family of Thomas Gay, born about 1824? possibly in Scotland; married Jean SINCLAIR
born abt 1824 Stirling - married in New Zealand; first five chldren born in New Zealand, sixth and last child born in Hawaii.
Any information gratefully received.
Carol
The GAYs later

Re: Captain Thomas GAY - Jean SINCLAIR

Posted: 27 Aug 2005 4:46AM GMT
Surnames: Gay/Sinclair
Ms. Markillie your relatives are still in Hawaii, and Thomas is mentioned in many books including some written about the family there.I am in contact with some of them. I suggest you find a copies of the books; Ni'ihau (The last Hawaiin Island) by Ruth Tabrah and Kanuka of Kauai by Eric A Knudsen and Gurre P Noble both of which are still in print.These will help you very much.

Posted: 27 Aug 2005 2:27PM GMT
Edited: 3 Sep 2005 2:45PM GMT
Hello David Sinclair:

Thank you very much for writing. I have the first book, but not the second. I'm mainly interested in their origins in Scotland.

Regards
Carol Markillie

Posted: 6 May 2012 10:25PM GMT
I have that information about Thomas Gay in Scotland, It's been years since you posted this but in case you didn't find the information you can write me back. This is part of my family

Posted: 20 Feb 2013 11:21PM GMT
Thomas is my great great grandfather. I may be traveling to Scotland. Do you know the birthplace of Thomas? Or anything I should know about Scotland?

Posted: 4 Jul 2013 3:42PM GMT
Thomas Gay is also my great great grandfather through Charles Gay. I don't know much about his family in Scotland and would love to know more.
Aloha...

Posted: 4 Jul 2013 3:47PM GMT
I would be interested too know about Thomas Gay and his family in Scotland. He is my Great great grandfather and I only know about his wife's side of the family.
Mahalo.....

Posted: 22 Mar 2014 9:36PM GMT
Aloha,
Thomas Gay is also my great great grandfather through Alice Gay, my great grandmother. Who is your great grandfather? I, too, am looking for information about Thomas as we are traveling to Scotland this summer. I found that he was born in Crail, Fife in 1829. When and why he went to New Zealand, I don't know. I do know that he took the Bessie back to Sydney to sell it where he died in 1865 before Alice was born on Niihau.

Have you found out anything more?
Mahalo,
Nancy Somers Shaw (Kailua)

Posted: 22 Mar 2014 9:40PM GMT
Hello,
If you have any information on Thomas Gay that you could share, I would appreciate it. He is my great-great grandfather through Alice Gay Robinson.

Thank you,
Nancy Somers Shaw (Kailua)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions