Search for content in message boards

Russell Alden Herrick

Russell Alden Herrick

Posted: 6 Jul 2007 10:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Herrick, Seaman, Goodwin, Ash, Vogler, Guenther, Fox, Zink, Tufts, Thiebeault
I am trying find any informnation my uncle, Russell Alden Herrick, born in Grand Rapids, MI in 1906 and died in 1963 in Virginia(?). His parents were Rodney Leroy and Carrie Anna (Seaman) Herrick. Brothers include Boyd, Rodney and Robert. Sisters include Beatrice and Eloise. His wife's name was Mary and he had a son named Rusty (Russell).

Re: Russell Alden Herrick

Posted: 7 Jul 2007 11:46PM GMT
J. Herrick:

I was not able to find Russell Alden Herrick on the Herrick Family Association database of more than 46,000 individuals.

I believe that I might have found him on the 1910 census listed as "Bugsch?" A Herrick. That listing is as follows:

Roy L. Herrick, head, age 23, married (1) 4 years, b. MI, father b. Unknown, mother b. MI.
Carie A. or H. Herrick, wife, age 26, m. (1) 4 years, 2 ch., 2 living, b. MI, father b. NY, mother b. MI.
Russell (what the given name appears to be to me)A. or H. Herrick, son, age 3, single, b. MI, parents b. MI.
Beatrice L. Herrick, daughter, 1-1/12(?), single, b. MI, parents b. MI.

Does that appears to you to be the correct family?

Regardless, I put in a name correction for him from Bugsch to Russell.

I found them on the 1920 census with their names listed as i. Rodney L., age 35, ii. Carrie, age 36, iii. Russell, age 13, iv. Beatrice, age 11, v. Boyd, age 6, vi. Rodney, age 4-9/12, and vii. Robert, age 2-4/12.

I could not find them on the 1930 census, nor could I find Rodney L. or Roy L. on the 1900 census. I was hoping to find the name of his parents, but, alas, I could not.

I was able to find Carrie A. Seaman, age 16, with her parents and 7 siblings on the 1900 census for Big Raoids, Ward 4, Mecosta Co., MI.

Then I found my repsonse to you on Ancestry.com of the date of 24 Feb. 2007 and I had Russell's family in Ionia Co., MI in 1900, Washtenaw Co., MI in 1880, Saginaw Co., in 1870 and 1860, and Sanilac Co., MI in 1850.

Richard L. Herrick

RLH:mtf:07July2007

Posted: 8 Jul 2007 12:54PM GMT
Richard-

Thank you for your response. Your information is correct. I have been unable to locate Russell in the 1930 census and beyond, or any other data bases. I know he moved from Grand Rapids, MI to the Washington DC area in the early to mid-twenties.

Your help is appreciatred.

Jim

Posted: 9 Jul 2007 10:46AM GMT
Jim:

Is it possible that he went into Government service and was assigned overseas and was not enumerated on census returns for the then 48 States?

Richard

RLH:mtf:09July2007
per page

Find a board about a specific topic