Search for content in message boards

SHOOTMAN FAMILY

Correction on Death Date

George Lee (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Please note that Thomas T. Shootman died in 1888, not 1884 as mistakenly posted. I also posted his death notice in the obituary section.

SHOOTMAN FAMILY

George Lee (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
I desire contact with some relative or researcher of Thomas T. SHOOTMAN (1809-84) of Mexico, Missouri. Upon his death he left the following survivors: Mrs. J.M. RILEY, Mexico; Lewis SHOOTMAN, Mexico; Henry SHOOTMAN, Arizona; Mollie GREEN,Boonville; Minnie SHERWOOD, Columbia, and my great, great-grandmother Fannie TYRRELL, St. Louis. Please contact me at .

Celina Shootman m. Frank Ball

Posted: 21 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 8:05PM GMT
Surnames: SHOOTMAN, BALL
I am looking for some information on a Celina Shootman, daughter of L. T. Shootman, who married Frank Ball, son of John N. Ball. Although they were married in California, I have reason to believe there is a connection to AUDRAIN COUNTY, MO. There were several John N. Balls, and I don't know which one was the father of Frank.
I don't know the year they were married, but from a very old newspaper clipping (poss. around 1890?) the marriage day was August 4.
I appreciate any help you might be able to give.
Thank you.
Ingrid

Frank Ball m. Celina Shootman

Posted: 15 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 8:05PM GMT
Surnames: BALL, SHOOTMAN, PINDALL
I have a little more information on Frank BALL. He was born Joseph Frank BALL, 7 Dec 1876 in MO (probably Audrain Co.), died 15 Feb 1940 in Contra Costa Co., CA. This would make the marriage date later than I had posted in my previous message.
He was the son of John Nelson BALL and Addeliza Rachel PINDALL.
I am still looking for information on Celina SHOOTMAN and her family.

Re: Frank Ball m. Celina Shootman

candice ethridge (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 2002 4:35AM GMT
What have you found out about Celina Shootman? She was my grandmother's aunt, an unusual woman, so I have heard many stories about her from her San Fancisco. However, I do not have any vital info on her, like marriage dates and such.

Re: SHOOTMAN FAMILY

candice ethridge (View posts)
Posted: 18 Sep 2002 1:06AM GMT
As a researcher of Thomas T. Shootman, do you have any information of his grandsons, Clarence, 1868-1943; Lee b. 1871 Missouri; or Herbert 1875-1975? I have some data on the other children, Thomas, Celena, Fred, John, Minerva, and Lulu.

Posted: 27 Jan 2003 5:28AM GMT
You are also part of the Shoopman and Shuckman/Shookman families. I have a little information on your family. I can be reached at: mking@madison.main.nc.us.

Posted: 13 Mar 2004 12:35AM GMT
I regret that I have not answered previous replies. Please contact me at georgelee58@juno.com. Thank you.

George Lee

Posted: 25 Feb 2010 2:24AM GMT
My Email has changed. The Shootman family is also related to the Shoopman, Shookman, and Shuckman families.

A distant cousin of mine, O.B. or Obes Shoopman met your cousin, Minnie during the 1950s. I have a note of their correspondance. Our Shoopmans spelled their name with a "t" for many years. Thomas Thos Shootman was a son of Nicholas Shootman/Shoopman who came to TN from VA.with several of his sons. He left one son, Nicholas, in Salem, VA.but the father moved to TN. and I believe he died there in Campbell CO. TN or Scott CO. TN.

My Email is maw_the_mt_girl at yahoo dot com.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions