Search for content in message boards

Castelfranco in Miscano, Benevento, Italy records

Castelfranco in Miscano, Benevento, Italy records

Posted: 20 Jun 2012 11:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Morelli, Maruchelli, Albertta, Vechiolla
Castelfranco in Miscano, Italy

I am looking for the vital records from Castelfranco in Miscano for the years 1860 to 1915.

Specifically the marriage of Donata Maruchelli to Giosafatta Morelli abt 1894 or 95 and the birth of Donata Maruchelli abt Sept 11 1872.

A son Nicolangelo was born in 1896 also.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Castelfranco in Miscano, Benevento, Italy records

Posted: 11 Dec 2012 5:16PM GMT
Hello,

my name is Alessandro Bovino and I'm writing from Benevento, the town where I was born and I'm still living in.
I've been passionate of genealogy for almost 5 years now, but I couldn't read your post before, as I've not been using these Ancestry message boards for some momths.

Well, if you wish, I would like to tell you I would be very glad to be of help in your research!
Castelfranco in Miscano records are in fact easy accessible to me and I would provide an on-site research on request.

This wouldn't be the first time for me to do a research on commission. Recently I started some family history researches for Americans and currently I'm in fact conducting also a research in Apollosa for an Australian whose father comes from there.
Being an amateur professional genealogist, I never asked him to pay specific charges for my work, though sometimes he does so at his will and we then haggle over fees.
So far I've traced back to mid-XVII century, and I hope this could be done with your family as well!

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Kind regards,

Alessandro Bovino
abovino@inwind.it

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 3:31PM GMT
Surnames: Inglese
My great grandparents were born in Castelfranco, Italy. My great grandmother, Mainiero was born in .benevento. My great grandfather was born in Castelfranco. His name was Leonardo Inglese. Do you have any information or guidelines to find my ancestors. Thank you,

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 5:10PM GMT
Hello Lynn

The best access is through the LDS records. They have microfilm on most of the records except the late 1800s and 1900s but it is all in Italian and much in old script which is difficult to read. LDS and Ancestry both have sample translations of the records which help greatly because they all(almost) follow the same form.

I have an autobiography of a great aunt who grew up in Castelfranco and she mentions an uncle Mainiero who ran a bar. You are welcome to a copy of the book as I digitized it a short time ago. Many errors in the OCR so please forgive them. Also it should not be published in any way outside of your personal or family use.

I was able to go to Castelfranco in September and the people at the town offices were terrific in helping us but again the language issue is a problem.

If you would like a copy of the book please send me an email at finefloorings@mindspring.com with your address and if you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Abe Morelli

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 5:32PM GMT
Thank you so much. You are the best lead I have had. I will check the LSD records, but will also request a copy of the book.

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 9:23PM GMT
Hi Lynn

Happy to send it.

Please send your email to the email address I gave before.

I promised the family I would only pass it on to family and Castelfranco families.

I also have a pdf file on "finding Italian Ancestors" which will be a great help to you.

Abe

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 10:40PM GMT
Surnames: Petruccelli
Hello Abe,
I subscribe to the message board and have received your messages with Lynn. My paternal grandfather was born in Castelfranco in Miscano in 1887. I have done extensive research on my maternal side who were originally from CB and also my paternal grandmother from Foggia, but I have the least amount of info on my grandfather. His name was John Petruccelli. Did you run across any info on that family during your visit? My 95 year old father would love to hear any stories from there.
Thanks for any help.
Donna

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 11:50PM GMT
Hi Donna

Happy to send info along. Just send me the email address to send them to.

There were Petrucellis who were friends or relatives of my grandparents but I have not been able to establish the connection yet. They were in the Stamford, Connecticut area.

Abe

Posted: 27 Aug 2013 2:55AM GMT
Surnames: Del Vecchio
Dear Alessandro,
My grandmother Guiseppina Del Vecchio was born in 1899 in Castelfranco in Miscano, as was her father Giovanni in 1874.I believe Guisippina, who became known as Josephine, also had an older sister, possibly named Mary. Sometime after 1902, Josephine's mother died. Giovanni later remarried a woman named Carmella, who I think was the widow of Giovanni's brother. In 1913, Josephine and her father came to America, settling in Bridgeport, CT. If you have or can locate any information that would verify these bits of information I have, I would so appreciate it if you would share it with me. I now live in Illinois in the US. Thank you for whatever information you may have.
Regards, Barbara A. Gosse

Posted: 31 Aug 2013 8:56AM GMT
Dear Barbara,

let me firstly thank you so much indeed for your message. I'm very very happy for your interest in my research services and I hope this is the beginning of a long research adventure together! Being genealogy a passion before everything else, I'm very honoured and glad to feel like helping Americans tie themselves back to their roots. I always try to make the best when performing researches, so that I can contribute at least for a little part to one's family history.

I'm very interested in your research scope and I would be glad to give you my support in this project. I've already done some research on Castelfranco records and would be happy to help you! My research has been conducted both on civil status records - from town hall - and on parish church records. These latter ones do have more information than the former, and I would also have easier and direct access to them.
Thank you for all the detailed information I've been provided of by you, they are a useful informative source from which we may start the research.With this details I am able to find out all the information you would need in detail and I would be able to send you the images for each record. I think they are unavoidable and that a research is incomplete without them.

This wouldn't be the first time for me to do a research on commission. Currently I'm in fact also conducting a research in Apollosa for an Australian (from Adelaide) whose father comes from there , and other researches for many other Americans.
Although having not yet turned professional, I do make results as much professional as I can. I then provide people with pedigree and family charts, creating also gedcom files for them and various types of reports. I also give them every single information about their ancestors fully documented.

Here you can read another testimonial also (in addition to the one by Dave Priest recently issued):
http://boards.ancestry.com/localities.weurope.italy.campania...

Sorry for getting a bit wordy with my answer and for my late response. Thank you again Barbara so much for your interest and wish I could start soon researching your family roots!

Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

All the best,
kind regards

Alessandro Bovino
abovino@inwind.it

PS: when you can get a chance, please come visit my facebook page where you can share views and facts on genealogy and also read some other testimonials:
https://www.facebook.com/ItalyRoots
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions