Search for content in message boards

Franz Family of Baltimore, MD, USA

Franz Family of Baltimore, MD, USA

Posted: 19 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Jan 2002 3:14AM GMT
Surnames: FRANZ, FRANCE, FRANTZ, FRINCE
I am looking for information on the FRANZ family. The family came from areas around Frankfurt and Darmstadt in Germany. My branch came to Baltimore in the 1840's and 1850's.

If anyone has information on this family, please contact me at GenFindem@aol.com. Thanks!

Franz Family

Posted: 1 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 Jul 2001 5:21PM GMT
Surnames: Eder, Desch, Franz
I have a Catherine Mary Franz in my family line. Her family came from Germany and settled in Baltimore somewhere in the 1830's. She married Frances Joseph Eder (who was born in 1836 in Baltimore, Maryland). They had 13 children. I have all their names. If you are interested, pleae e-mail me. I would love it if this were a match. Thanks.

Dale Eder

Re: Franz Family of Baltimore, MD, USA

mina (View posts)
Posted: 28 Apr 2003 2:13AM GMT
hi, my fiance's family is franz's, his dads name is david franz, his moms name is danielle franz(i think i spelled the name wrong) and his brothers name is nick franz, his name is andrew franz, he was adopted by his moms sister when he was a baby, if you would like to get information on the family, you can contact me or him on this email address, i dont know if he would like me to give out his email address, email me and ill talk to him and get information from him, talk to ya later, email is autogrl1612@aol.com hope to hear from ya

Posted: 15 Dec 2005 10:52PM GMT
Surnames: Franz
I have great-great -great grandparents Johann & Christina (George) Franz that sailed to America in 1852 - From Hesse Darmstadt, Germany
Children are:
Wilhelm married Elizabeth Ricker
Johann Heinrich (Henry) married Mary Kemm
Elizabeth married George Bortz
Jacob married Katharina Eva Knipp
August married Wilhemina Wahl
Christina married Frederick Wahl
Mary married a stuber and a Butler
Peter (never married born 1859
John died before 1876
Heather (Franz) Meyers

Joanne (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2006 10:25PM GMT
All we have is that my great grandmother was Emma Franz. She married first Frederick Bartling and then a man named Ott. She had 2 sisters, but all 3 lived in an orphanage for a while. She was adopted by a family called Engle. Searching for info on Emma's sisters Elizabeth & Catherine.

Posted: 9 Mar 2008 3:09AM GMT
Can you give a little more info about the family. I have an Elizabeth (Lizzie) Franz, born 1860ish in Alsace Lorraine. She lived in Baltimore, married there (Charles Furlong) and moved to New York around 1890. Does this fit in at all. It is said her father's name was John..........but I have no other info and cannot find out much about her.

Posted: 20 Apr 2008 2:43AM GMT
Could you possibly tell me who her parents were or anything further back? My family is here in Ohio - that diesn't seem to matter much when you step off the boat. Thanks - Heather

Posted: 20 Apr 2008 4:19AM GMT
I wish I could tell you more. The only thing I know is that her father's name was supposedly John (probably Johann). This info from her death certificate.

I have come across 2 of the families mentioned in this thread in my research. Have no idea if they are related. Some kind of certification needed. I believe my Lizzie was in Washington DC in 1883. My only lead. All help appreciated.

Posted: 21 Jul 2009 2:33PM GMT
Hi. I am new to this. Louis and Augusta Franz were my great grandparents. They had 8 kids.
George Franz--b.06-22-1890
Emil John G. Franz--b.12-30-1892
John Franz--b.07-04-1895
Walter Franz--b.03-19-1897
Leonora Franz--b.08-04-1899
Louis Franz--b.06-25-1902
Albert Franz--b.09-14-1904
Clarence Franz--b.10-20-1907

Albert is my grandfather. He was born and raised in Baltimore, MD. His tombstone says Albert Adolph Franz. His death certificate says Albert Franz, Sr.

Posted: 22 Apr 2011 12:44AM GMT
Edited: 19 Feb 2012 8:10PM GMT
If you're still there--what are the names you're looking for ? The family in the 1850 census ? ("France"). I have info on John M. who went to TX.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic