Search for content in message boards

Guinan - Cork & London

Guinan - Cork & London

Posted: 28 Jan 2010 4:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 May 2011 5:28PM GMT
Surnames: Guinan, Callaghan,
I’m researching my family called Guinan. They were based in North Cork, Ireland (Doneraile) but seemed to emigrate en-masse to London (St Pancras, Middlesex etc.) in the 1830s. I have identified a John Guinan marrying Bridget Callaghan around that time but I am unsure whether it was in Ireland or England. Their ancestors are still in London but the branch that particularly interests me returned to Cork City around the 1900s. Any help.guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Guinan - Cork & London

Posted: 17 Jun 2010 8:51PM GMT
Edited: 21 May 2011 5:06PM GMT
Surnames: Guinan
My birth mothers name is Catherine Bridsget Guinan does a Thomas Guinan in the Camden area appear at all if it does it would be very interesting to me.

Posted: 17 Jun 2010 9:29PM GMT
Edited: 21 May 2011 5:08PM GMT
Unfortunately, to date I have no Thomas Guinan in my Tree. I have a Catherine Guinan who died 1862 so she is very unlikely to be your Mother.

Of interest, however, is the Camden link. Most of my family resided around the Camden area of London.

Can you give me the name of your Tree or any other details to see if there are any links

Regards

Posted: 17 Jun 2010 10:56PM GMT
Edited: 21 May 2011 5:07PM GMT
My Skype is Captivephoenix if you want to talk. The tree is simply called Guinan Tree but it will link into several others when finished as my mother dumped my sister and I in care and we were adopted into two seperate family.

Posted: 18 Jun 2010 5:50PM GMT
Edited: 21 May 2011 5:08PM GMT
I'm afraid I'm not on Skpwe.

I need some mure info to find your "Guinan tree". All I have is Thomas Guinan and that leaves me with thousands of Public Trees Give me some more info to help me home in on your tree.

Posted: 18 Jun 2010 7:28PM GMT
Edited: 21 May 2011 5:09PM GMT
Surnames: Guinan,
Catherine Anne Linda Flounders
Lavrence Flounders

They should I hope isolate the tree we have very little on there tho

Posted: 19 Jun 2010 8:58AM GMT
Edited: 21 May 2011 5:09PM GMT
Sorry! Abject failure. I'll try another route. Separately, I have Invited you to view my Tree and maybe you will reciprocate. Sounds easier than scrolling through thousands of records.

Posted: 14 Oct 2010 5:26PM GMT
Edited: 21 May 2011 5:10PM GMT
I tried can't figure out how urg help
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions