Search for content in message boards

where does the surname of pena originate from?

where does the surname of pena originate from?

Donrobert Pena (View posts)
Posted: 21 Dec 2000 2:01AM GMT
i'm just wondering cuz i want to know why i have green eyes? what kind of mix i am. cuz my parents are both from mexico but most mexicans dont have green eyes...right? hmmm or maybe i'm adopted!?!?!?!? hehe :P

Pena Message Board

Dante Pena Manfredi (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 2001 10:40AM GMT
My grandmother Maria Theresa Pena. Her Father vincent Pena Immigrated in the early 1900's from ITALY through Argentinia!! I have BLUE EYES!!! LOL Pena is ITALIAN I have the pictures to prove it!!! northern Italian Calabria and Napolitano OK Pisan!

ok

donrobert pena (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2001 11:10PM GMT
ok, thanks. anyone else got something to add?

Pena Family ITALIAN Calabria/Naples Italia

Dante (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 2001 8:54AM GMT
Hi my name is Dante Manfredi I live on Long Island. My Grandmother is Maria Terese Pena born in October of 1916. Her father is Vincent Pena / Mother is Josephine Pena married in 1913 I think? She has sisters and brothers who have all passed away they were Elizabeth (Lee), Katherine (Kay), brothers Francis (Frank), and Joseph (Joe) Joe was the eldest then Lee, Tessie, Frank, Kay. They are all 100% ITALIAN. Immigrating from Italy through Argentina in the early 1900's. They come from Northern Italia - Calabria (Calabrese), Napels (Napilatano). Anything? I know somewhere along the lineage path Italian Immigrants with that name went into South America and the rest is history.... I can trace the Itaian Heritage at least 125 or more years back with pena Surname in Italy.......
Posted: 7 Jan 2001 1:44AM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2001 6:07PM GMT
My grandmother was a Pina (not Pena). I have green eyes.

pena also comes from spain

Alicia Pena (View posts)
Posted: 28 May 2001 11:45AM GMT
hi there,

i don't know where does your name come from, but it could be from Spain, since it is also a Spanish name (albeit not a very common one). It is found in Galicia and Leon (Spain) and probably also in Portugal. We do have green eyes here too...

good luck with y
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions