Search for content in message boards

The old SMITH and FLOWERS family of Coffee County, Ala.

The old SMITH and FLOWERS family of Coffee County, Ala.

John P. Johnston (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2003 3:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Smith-Flowers-Williamson
One ALFRED SMITH (born ca. 1835) married LYDIA FLOWERS (also born ca. 1835) in Pike County, Alabama and subsequently moved to Coffee County. They are listed on the 1860, 1870, 1880, and 1900 censuses of Coffee County. I would like to communicate with any of their descendants.

Lydia was a daughter of Goolsbury Flowers and his wife, Edy (Williamson) Flowers. Goolsbury and Edy were brother and sister, respectively, of my gr.gr.gr. grandparents, John and Nancy (Williamson) Flowers of Pike County, Ala.

Re: The old SMITH and FLOWERS family of Coffee County, Ala.

Posted: 18 Jan 2003 4:34PM GMT
Edited: 23 Oct 2005 1:14PM GMT
Surnames: Flowers, Grimes
Hi John, Is your Lydia Flowers a sister to the Goolsbury below, i am not a Desc. i research the Grimes family line and some of the Pike Co., Grimes can be found in Coffee Co., also.
Thanks and good luck
Descendants of Goolsbury Flowers

1 Goolsbury Flowers b: December 18, 1821 in Pike Co., Al. d: September 12, 1903 in Buried Zion Chapel Bapt. Church Cem. Jack,Coffee Co., Al.
.. +Eliza Grimes b: July 1823 d: July 22, 1904 in Buried Zion Chapel Bapt. Church Cem. Jack,Coffee Co., Al. Father: John T. Grimes Mother: Naoma Sawyer
........ 2 John Calvin Flowers b: July 1852
............ +Julia C. ? Flowers
........ 2 Nancy Flowers b: December 25, 1854
............ +Thomas Eddins
........ 2 Richard Oliver Flowers b: February 10, 1855 d: September 10, 1923
............ +Lila Eddins
........ *2nd Wife of Richard Oliver Flowers:
............ +Emma Faucett
........ 2 Goolsbury Flowers, Jr. b: Bef. 1860
............ +Joanna Jackson
........ 2 Charles Flowers b: Abt. 1866
........ 2 Luke Flowers
........ 2 May Flowers b: Abt. 1868

Jennifer Bruce (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 2003 1:03AM GMT
Surnames: Horne, Flowers, Gainer
I have recently found out that I am a descentant of John Flowers and Nancy Williamson. Their daughter Keziah Flowers married Daniel Horne, their daughter Nancy married F. Josephus Gainer and they were my great great grandparents. I would love to know any additional informaiton that you have on them. email me at jennypoo@nettally.com with any informaiton that could help. Thank you. Jennifer

Posted: 29 Feb 2004 1:50AM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Edited: 20 Aug 2005 10:28PM GMT
Surnames: EDDINS/FULLER/FLOWERS/HANEY/CARTER
Thank's for the info on Goolsbury and Eliza (Grimes) Flowers burial in Zion Chapel Baptist.Church Cem. Christine' I have heard that Tom Eddins and his wife Nancy (Flowers) Eddins might be buried in an unmarked grave there' I've ben trying to keep track of these family's whereabout's in and near Elba for a couple of years now' I just found out from the Tombstone Transcription Project for Coffee Co. on the AL. GenWeb that this cemetery has ben adopted for survelance now.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions