Search for content in message boards

Hallett Family Murders

Hallett Family Murders

Posted: 12 Nov 2005 1:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
(This is my 3rd attempt at posting this, I hope it hasn't double or triple posted. Everytime I click post I'm sent to a Not Found page or the add attachment page!)

Can anyone point me in the direction of information on the murders of the Halletts? They lived in Jamestown and it would have been around 1960 or 1970. I belive they owned and operated a buisness in Frewsburg. I don't know first names, but I know their daughter was somehow involved in the deaths.

Thanks in advance,

Shell

Re: Hallett Family Murders

Posted: 12 Nov 2005 5:30AM GMT
Classification: Death
Surnames: HALLETT
Robert Hallett and his wife and young daughter were killed in their home on South Main Street in Jamestown, NY, by their older daughter, Susan, and her boyfriend. She went to prison for the crime and was released later. I know it was in the early 70's. I will see what else I can find out. The Jamestown Post Journal will have articles on it but I need dates.

Posted: 12 Nov 2005 7:55AM GMT
Edited: 30 Oct 2006 8:10AM GMT
These may be the Hallett you seek
the only ones NY d same time but no exact date
Grace Hallett b 2 Mar 1923 d Feb 1973
Robert Hallett b 29 Dec 1923 d Feb 1973
Robert Hallett was b in Cherry Creek

Posted: 15 Nov 2005 11:35PM GMT
Thanks guys for giving me a little info. I tried a google search but came up empty handed, and my mom knew the family but couldn't remember their names, as it has been a few years.

kelly trotter (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jun 2006 1:02PM GMT
My maiden name is hallett and I was born in 1969, in jamestown ny. Bob was my grandma brother, and thats all I heard about was the murders in schools, and how their house was haunted. I have heard so many stories from family and friends even high school teachers some did not make any sence. I would love to find out the information correctly. One of the detectives that was there is a grandfather of one my childrens friends, and they go to school together. He told me if I want to talk to him I can.If you find any info out please let my know.

kelly trotter (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jun 2006 1:09PM GMT
Bob was in business with archie nickels I want to say they owned don gage together and maybe a tunk yard. I will try to get more info from my dad, and uncle they use to go and help them out with work at their house.

Posted: 23 Jun 2006 12:30AM GMT
Classification: Death
Surnames: HALLETT
Went to the Prendergast Library and looked up Post-Journals from Feb 1973 when the murders occurred. Robert, Grace and Ann Marie Hallett were found shot to death in the basement of their home on South Main Street on Feb. 13, by their son-in-law and a neighbor. Robert Hallett's daughter, Susan, was arrested along with Richard Parrish for the murders. It was unclear if he is Susan Hallett's husband or boyfriend, as he was referred to both ways. Susan is the step-daughter of Grace Hallett and step-sister to Ann Marie Hallett. I have copies of the news articles and could send copies if desired. There is way too much information to post here. I am posting the obits.

Posted: 7 Sep 2012 4:23AM GMT
we lived around the corner from the hallett..we knew them well..that was a horrible day...sue hallett and her friends came in from detroit ..i believe.. and killed them all for money they never found..the story goes archie nichols bought the house after the murders...he then built over the house and found something like 400 thousand in the walls...he was a morbed man...living in that house with the outlines still on the floor in the basement...but i guess it was well worth it...the halletts were such nice people...they didnt deserve that...so sad

Posted: 18 Dec 2012 2:50AM GMT
Surnames: Bob, Sue
Poor Uncle Bob,
He never stood a chance. When Sue (His step-daughter) was standing in the glass in front of the door, Uncle Bob let her in along with two Black men. They thought he had a lot of money there, and found very little on his person. The three, Stepdad, step mom and stepsister were forced at gun point down into the cellar, tied up, and placed facedown on a mattress and shot in the head, just like in the movie, In Cold Blood, by Truman Capote.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions