Search for content in message boards

Obit lookup or death record lookup in city of Boise, Ada County

Obit lookup or death record lookup in city of Boise, Ada County

Posted: 16 Oct 2012 1:11AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Simmons
Trying to find info on a child reflected ONLY in the 1910 Boise census in household of Archie Simmons b 1884 in Oregon, wife is Blanche M Rounds Simmons b Iowa. The census writer's handwriting is terrible, but looking for infant female child, as per census. One person tried helping me long ago, over 15 years. Can't find archived thread info if anything was here in ancestry it is now gone. CHILD name Looks like Olive or Olivia M born 1909. The name also looks close to name Grace or Gracie, the writing is that bad. Given family practice of creating names, either could make sense. Archie's in laws are next door household and surname Rounds to verify you are able to view the right page. Don't bother with other census years, it is futile. No death indications found in Ancestry, some family members are in Morris Hill Cem. in Boise so there is a slim chance she was buried there if she died from SIDS or some other childhood illness. I thought two probabilities, infant crib death before 1914 in Boise. Would someone volunteer to check ADA county birth and death records manually, rather than online thru ancestry? I was advised there is another index not transcribed to online records by someone on a old thread, here, long ago, can't find old message(s) either.

Re: Obit lookup or death record lookup in city of Boise, Ada County

Posted: 16 Oct 2012 2:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm attaching a good copy of the 1910 census for your to have on file. Apparently this daughter's name is Olivia V. Simmons and was a month old in this census. I've checked the Statesman Journal from 1910 to 1919 to see if there was any recorded death notice. Sorry none. Only notices I found was for a Mrs. Archie Simmons when her sister came to visit.
Attachments:

Posted: 16 Oct 2012 11:19AM GMT
Yes, it is very poor handwriting but it does look a lot more like Olivia than Olive or Viola or whatever.. as for papers, You did not say, so which sister, did it say Caroline by any chance ? Probably and guess so since this group moved south to Ogden by 1913 and Caroline moved north to Boise with her husband who was a locomotive engineer, I suppose for the OSL at that point in time. If it says they had a visitor who was the sister-in-law named Grace that would be significant as I could suspect that this infant is Grace's child, parked there, but that is just conjecture based upon circumstantial evidence and suspicions. If so, there are several other options. As for this child, again, ten years ago I asked on message boards, and someone found something, they said, but I don't have it or a copy. They said it was in some secondary government office log. The most likely is the child died of course. I guess I better check Morris Hill Cem records. There are other options, including criminal investigation situation scenarios...Thank you for checking for me.

Posted: 16 Oct 2012 6:51PM GMT
It was Julia E. Rounds ...

Idaho Statesman, page [10], iss. 44
Publication Date: September 15, 1919
Published as: The Idaho Daily Statesman
Headline: South Boise
Article Type: News/Opinion

Attached the newspaper article. Also, I found two more that mentions Mrs. A. C. Simmons one was because of a young man's accident (Rounds) and the other a visit.
Attachments:

Posted: 17 Oct 2012 8:35AM GMT
Surnames: Rounds, Simmons, Burns.
Thank you. Some very very Good info, and I wanted to examine the falling glass article again. There was an allegation of a set-up and if you have the second article which you did not send, I would like to read it, however I suspect it is one which mostly announces Charlie's death about a day or so later. The wording gets confusing to match up, first for Mrs. Helen Rounds as I think over the possible matches and guess the year of publication, try to clearly think through the words as to figure out city and who lived where. I have no idea who is Jack Burns of Ogden so that is a good puzzle to work on. Wish they wrote these news items a bit more clearly back then, but great info to figure out. Mrs. A. C. Simmons is the wife, so she is the mother in the 1910 census page in which I am trying to figure out the very young baby born end of 1909 or early 1910. Before and during the 1920 census A.C. and wife lived in Ogden, so it remains unclear but I have a good idea who they were visiting in Ogden, perhaps going from Boise. Have to figure out which city has Orchard St or Ave. then. Mostly who is Julia E. Rounds? So "it was Julia" is not our solution she was not the baby of 1910 census. Thank you, as I learned something new. I have no idea who Julie E. Rounds is right now, plus, even the news article identifies the three sisters I have in photo and know about: Helen is age 10 only, the married sisters are Carrie who is Caroline Burke, and Blanche who is Mrs. A. C. Simmons. So thank you for the new things to research as to who is this person Julia E. Rounds in whatever the year is of this news article of three, PLUS figure out also who is Jack Burns of Ogden, of course, also.

Posted: 17 Oct 2012 9:21AM GMT
Surnames: Rounds, Simmons, Burns.
Thank you. Some very very Good info, I wanted to examine the falling glass article again. There was an allegation of a set-up and if you have the second article which you did not send, I would like to read it,if possible. I suspect it is one which mostly announces Charlie's death about a day or so later. The wording gets confusing to match up, first for Mrs. Helen Rounds as I think over the possible matches and guess the year of publication, try to clearly think through the words as to figure out city and who lived where. I have no idea who is Jack Burns of Ogden so that is a good puzzle to work on, unless they meant to set the type as Jack Burke of Ogden who was Caroline's (Carrie) husband. Wish they wrote these news items a bit more clearly back then, but great info to figure out. AS For original topic, Mrs. A. C. Simmons is the wife, so she is the mother in the 1910 census page in which I am trying to figure out the very young baby born end of 1909 or early 1910. Before and during the 1920 census A.C. and wife lived in Ogden, so it remains unclear but I have a good idea who they were visiting in Ogden, perhaps going from Boise. Have to figure out which city has Orchard St or Ave. then. Mostly who is Julia E. Rounds? So "it was Julia" is not our solution she was not the baby of 1910 census. I have no idea who Julie E. Rounds is right now, plus, even the news article identifies the three sisters I have in photo and know about: Helen is age 10 only, the married sisters are Carrie who is Caroline Burke, and Blanche who is Mrs. A. C. Simmons. So thank you for the new things to research as to who is this person Julia E. Rounds in whatever the year is of this news article of three, PLUS figure out also who is Jack Burns of Ogden, of course, also.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions