Search for content in message boards

Swaim/Fields

Swaim/Fields

Posted: 17 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Aug 2002 6:00PM GMT
Surnames: Swaim, Fields, Harvey
Seeking information/ancestors of Brantley SWAIM. He married Irvine FIELDS 12March1839 Guilford Co, NC. Their children: William (b.10Jan1847 Guilford Co, NC), Byron, John, Milton, Whitfield, Betty. William married Asenath HARVEY 29Dec1870 Parke Co, IN.
Jennifer Lambert
7067 Fox Hollow Ln
Brownsburg, IN 46112
tal@iquest.net

Re: Swaim/Fields

Dale Lee (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 2002 10:11PM GMT
The info I have on Brantly is he was the son of Michael Swaim and Christiane Stone.Michael was the son of William Swaim and Charity Vickery. Irena was born c 1818 the daughter of Christopher Fields and Isabelle Hanner.Christopher was the son of Charlotte Vickery and Peter Fields. So Brantly and Irena were both descendents of Marmaduke Vickery and Elizabeth Nation via their children Charity (mother of Michael) and Christopher (father of Charlotte). I don't have any more info on Brantly but I did come across the obits of his son William and his wife Aseneth Harvey. If you are interested I can email them.

Posted: 18 Dec 2002 6:17AM GMT
Surnames: Swaim (Aka Van Pelt), Worthington, Vickery, Stone, Fields, Etc.
Here you go: it's a little incomplete but it's a start...I have more info on descendents not included here if you're interested

1. Teunis Jansen VAN PELT was born 1648 in Tuil, Gelderland, Netherlands , and died 2 FEB 1721 in New Utrecht, Long Island, New York. He married Helen Magdalena JOOSTEN. She was born 1656 , and died Deceased.

Child of Teunis Jansen VAN PELT and Helen Magdalena JOOSTEN is:+ 2 i. Anthony Teunissen VAN PELT was born 1661 in Holland, and died 1743 in Staten Island, New York.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Descendant Register, Generation No. 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Anthony Teunissen VAN PELT (Teunis Jansen VAN PELT1) was born 1661 in Holland, and died 1743 in Staten Island, New York. He married Marie DRAGEAU, daughter of Henri DRAGEAU and Maria Isabella CORTELIOU. She was born 1689 in Moëze, Charante, France , and died 1763 in Port Richmond, New York .

Child of Anthony Teunissen VAN PELT and Marie DRAGEAU is:+ 3 i. Michael Anthony SWAIM was born 1711 in New Utrecht, Kings Co., New York , and died Abt 1782 in Guilford, North Carolina .

Descendant Register, Generation No. 3

3. Michael Anthony SWAIM (Anthony Teunissen VAN PELT2, Teunis Jansen VAN PELT1) was born 1711 in New Utrecht, Kings Co., New York , and died Abt 1782 in Guilford, North Carolina . He married Martha WORTHINGTON. She was born 1726 in Chester, Pennsylvania , and died 1798 in Guilford, North Carolina .

Child of Michael Anthony SWAIM and Martha WORTHINGTON is:+ 4 i. William SWAIM was born 1747 in Frederick,Virginia , and died 1811 in Guilford, North Carolina .

Descendant Register, Generation No. 4

4. William SWAIM (Michael Anthony SWAIM3, Anthony Teunissen VAN PELT2, Teunis Jansen VAN PELT1) was born 1747 in Frederick,Virginia , and died 1811 in Guilford, North Carolina . He married Charity VICKERY, daughter of Marmaduke VICKERY and Elisabeth NATION. She was born 1752 in Augusta,Virginia , and died 16 AUG 1837 in guilford, North Carolina.

Child of William SWAIM and Charity VICKERY is:+ 5 i. Michael SWAIM was born 1768-1780 in Guilford, North Carolina , and died 6 JAN 1830 in North Carolina .

Descendant Register, Generation No. 5

5. Michael SWAIM (William SWAIM4, Michael Anthony SWAIM3, Anthony Teunissen VAN PELT2, Teunis Jansen VAN PELT1) was born 1768-1780 in Guilford, North Carolina , and died 6 JAN 1830 in North Carolina . He married Christina STONE, daughter of Salathiel STONE and Jane LEONARD. She was born 1775-1785 in North Carolina, and died Deceased.

Children of Michael SWAIM and Christina STONE are:+ 6 i. Brantley SWAIM was born 3 OCT 1815, and died 15 APR 1882 in Parke Co., Indiana.
7 ii. William SWAIM was born 1803, and died 1803 in Infancy.
8 iii. Salathiel SWAIM was born 17 MAY 1805 , and died 16 AUG 1892 .
9 iv. Ann SWAIM was born 6 AUG 1807 , and died 9 NOV 1838 .
10 v. Charity SWAIM was born 6 SEP 1810 , and died DEC 1873 in Parke Co., Indiana .
11 vi. Susannah SWAIM was born 1812, and died DEC 1859 .
12 vii. Elizabeth SWAIM was born 18 FEB 1822 , and died 12 NOV 1897 in Parke Co., Indiana.

Descendant Register, Generation No. 6

6. Brantley SWAIM (Michael SWAIM5, William SWAIM4, Michael Anthony SWAIM3, Anthony Teunissen VAN PELT2, Teunis Jansen VAN PELT1) was born 3 OCT 1815, and died 15 APR 1882 in Parke Co., Indiana. He married Irine FIELDS, daughter of Christopher FIELDS and Isabelle Ibby HANNER. She was born 25 NOV 1815, and died 12 JUL 1891 in Parke Co., Indiana.

Children of Brantley SWAIM and Irine FIELDS are:+ 13 i. Byron SWAIM was born 14 JAN 1840 in North Carolina, and died OCT 1923.
+ 14 ii. Christopher Whitefield SWAIM died Deceased.
15 iii. Isabelle SWAIM HEATH died Deceased. She married Samuel HEATH. He died Deceased.
16 iv. William Bentley SWAIM died Deceased. He married Asenith HARVEY. She died Deceased.
+ 17 v. Dr Patrick Henry SWAIM died Deceased.
18 vi. John Bunyon SWAIM died Deceased. He married Sara ARMSTRONG. She died Deceased.
19 vii. Milton SWAIM died Deceased.
20 viii. Infant SWAIM died in Infancy in Parke Co., Indiana.

Julie Boatner (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2003 2:51AM GMT
I'm trying to trace Elizabeth Swaim, born about 1722, daughter of Anthony Swaim. Could she be the daughter or grandaughter of Anthony, born 1661 in Holland?

Posted: 9 Mar 2007 12:58AM GMT
Surnames: Van Pelt, Swaim
Does anyone know of any living men with the surname Swaim, who are alive today and who descend from the Anthony Van Pelt mentioned in your database?
Thank you,
Laraine Clark
per page

Find a board about a specific topic