Search for content in message boards

Sarah A. (Dickerson) Bastin b. 1815 - d/o James & Elizabeth of Lincoln Co., KY?

Sarah A. (Dickerson) Bastin b. 1815 - d/o James & Elizabeth of Lincoln Co., KY?

Posted: 19 Feb 2004 1:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dickerson Berry Bastin Miller Plummer
I’m attempting to prove (or disprove) that Sarah A. Dickerson, b. 1815 d. 1878, is the daughter of James & Elizabeth (Berry) Dickerson.

Sarah A. Dickerson married William C. Bastin 3 Nov 1832 in Lincoln Co., KY. Assuming Sarah was born in Lincoln county & in using the 1830 Lincoln Co., KY census, then Sarah is most likely the daughter of James & Elizabeth (Berry) Dickerson/Dickenson. (Elizabeth Berry was the daughter of Jesse & Anna (Miller) Berry.)

James Dickerson married Elizabeth Berry 7 Mar 1812 in Lincoln Co., KY. (James may have m. 1st to Polly Plummer 12 Dec 1809 same county.)

I cannot locate James & Elizabeth in the 1820 KY census, but by 1830, Elizabeth appears to be widowed with the following members in her household:
Dickinson, Eliza
1 Female 30-40 1790-1800 Elizabeth b. abt 1792
1 Female 15-20 1810-1815 Sarah A. b. 1815
1 Male 10-15 1815-1820 John B. b. abt 1815
1 Male 10-15 1815-1820 Jesse M. b. abt 1816
1 Male 10-15 1815-1820 Samuel T. b. abt 1819
1 Female 5-10 1820-1825 Susan b. abt 1821
1 Male 5-10 1820-1825 Unknown
1 Male 5-10 1820-1825 Unknown
1 Male 0-5 1825-1830 Elijah b. abt 1826

Sarah A. (Dickerson) Bastin named a son James Dickerson Bastin. Probably after her father?

Any clues to Sarah A. (Dickerson) Bastin’s parentage would be greatly appreciated. I’d be more than happy to share my information on the Dickerson & Berry families.

Re: Sarah A. (Dickerson) Bastin b. 1815 - d/o James & Elizabeth of Lincoln Co., KY?

Posted: 4 May 2010 12:06AM GMT
Hi! I am also trying to find out more about the Dickerson family. My husband (born 1943- born in Lincoln County)is Charles Dickerson Johnson- His Grandfather was Worth Dickerson Johnson.. Now- in MY family Sarah Dickerson Bastin pops up (My Grandmother was Bertha Mae Bastin)Died 1971. I have long believed that my husband's family and my family are 'intertwined' somewhere down the line. All being from Lincoln County,Ky. Would love ANY information. Thanks, Betty (Adams)Johnson

Re: Sarah A. (Dickerson) Bastin b. 1815 - d/o James & Elizabeth of Lincoln Co., KY?

Posted: 24 May 2010 5:47AM GMT
Surnames: Adams, Bastin, Dickerson
Hi! I have been trying to find the 'connection' between my husband's family and mine. My husband, Charles Dickerson Johnson (from Kings Mountain) has Dickersons back in his family tree- but noone seems to know where.. My husband's grandfather was Worth Dickerson Johnson.
Now My Grandmother was Bertha Mae Bastin- also Lincoln County.. In the cemertary at Mt. Moriah is Sarah (Sallie) Dickerson Bastin.. LOL- I know this all connects- the Bastins, Dickersons, Adams' and Johnsons. Would appreciate any help. Thanks, Betty (Adams) Johnson

Posted: 25 May 2010 3:44PM GMT
Surnames: Johnson Bastin Young Smith Hodge Cook Dickerson Berry Garr
Hello Betty -

I was unable to find the connection between your husband's family and your family (got stuck at Worth Dickerson JOHNSON's parents, Henry & Mary). However, I have your BASTIN line in my files!

Bertha Mae BASTIN b. Apr 1891

Bertha dau/o Joe Mack b. Dec 1870 & Serena Allie (YOUNG) b. Mar 1873 BASTIN

Joe Mack s/o Samuel b. 1834 & Mary (SMITH) BASTIN

Samuel s/o Thomas b. 1802 & Judith (HODGE) b. 1801 BASTIN

Thomas s/o William & Deborah (COOK) BASTIN

William & Deborah also had a son, William C. BASTIN. This William C. was the husband of Sarah (DICKERSON) BASTIN. Sarah was the dau/o James & Elizabeth (BERRY) DICKERSON.

I descend from the BERRY family - Elizabeth (BERRY) DICKERSON was sister to my great x 3 grandmother, Sarah (BERRY) GARR.

Sorry that I couldn't find more on your JOHNSONs.

Lynnea

Posted: 3 Feb 2014 4:25PM GMT
Surnames: Adams- Dickerson- Bastin- Johnson
Actually- I'm trying to find the connection between our Adams families- My husband is Charles Dickerson Johnson- His mother was Hazzel Adams- daughter of Sarah and James Bonaparte Adams. My father was Melvin G. Adams- Son of David R. Adams and Bertha Mae Bastin - trying to find out if there's any connection in our families (all from Lincoln County, Ky.) Sarah Dickerson Bastin? Is this the connection? Betty Adams Johnson

Posted: 3 Feb 2014 4:47PM GMT
I have nothing on the Adams family (snap snap) in Lincoln Co., KY. Hopefully, someone else out there can help you out.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic