Search for content in message boards

William Smith (obituary wanted)

William Smith (obituary wanted)

Posted: 14 Nov 2012 3:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Nov 2012 11:24AM GMT
Surnames: Smith
I'm looking for William B Smith born May 1816 in Marathon, Cortland, New York. By 1849 he is in Illinois; leaving Illinois ca 1886 for Cass County, Minnesota; 1897/98 he moved to Boise, Idaho. On the 1900 census at age 84 he is living with his daughter's family (Adna and Florence Hall) in Boise. The 1907 obituary of his sister, Elizabeth “Betsey” Thompson, lists her brothers who are living but does not name William; therefore he probably died between Jun 1900 and Nov 1907. I'm attempting to discover a more exact date and place.

Re: William Smith, NY > IL >ID

Posted: 15 Nov 2012 8:50AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: smith, mcnaught
wife Nancy:

Nancy McNaught Smith
Birth: Aug. 3, 1822
Richland County
Ohio, USA
Death: Feb. 28, 1849
Stark County
Illinois, USA

Wife of William B Smith.

Mother of Adolphus Smith and Abijah Smith.

Parents:
Thomas McNaught (1795 - 1857)
Eliza Custard McNaught (1794 - 1873)

Burial:
Lafayette Cemetery
Lafayette
Stark County
Illinois

Name: Nancy McNaught
Spouse: William B. Smith
Date: 25 Nov 1846
County: Knox
State: Illinois
Source: Family History Library, Salt Lake City, UT
Microfilm: 1404969

would he have been buried with her??

Re: William Smith, NY > IL >ID

Posted: 15 Nov 2012 3:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Smith, McNaught
Nancy McNaught was William's 1st wife. He then married her sister Elizabeth McNaught, then he married Lucy (maiden name unknown), and 4th he married Esther Amelia Bodley. Esther Amelia had moved from Illinois to Cass County, Minnesota with him and then she died either in Minnesota or in Idaho. Don't know exactly when or where with her either.

Nancy was the mother of 2 of his chilren and Elizabeth was the mother of the other 7 so they may have taken him back to Illinois to be buried with Nancy and Elizabeth but it seems unlikely. There is a stone at the Lafayette Cemetery for Nancy but none for William or Elizabeth that I know of. I would think if they were going to pay for taking him somewhere it would be to bury him with Esther Amelia.

Still leaves the question of when and where he died.
Ann
per page

Find a board about a specific topic