Search for content in message boards

H.L. CARTER, funeral director - business still exists?

H.L. CARTER, funeral director - business still exists?

Posted: 6 Jul 2009 11:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: NEDRY
H.L.CARTER conducted funerals in the early 1900's. My ancestor died in 1906 and I'd like to find the funeral home records for her if possible. According to her death certificate, her burial was in Marquette which I am pretty is incorrect. Her name was Mary NEDRY (1818-1906) and she died Nov. 3, 1906 at the Northern Michigan Asylum in Traverse City. I know of no close kin that lived in the UP. Is there a current funeral home that took over Carter's business? Or perhaps the Carter funeral home records are archived somewhere? Advice greatly appreciated. Jeanne Johnson

Re: H.L. CARTER, funeral director - business still exists?

Posted: 23 Dec 2012 6:13AM GMT
I have an old picture of the place back in the day.
Sadly now it's a PHARMACY. Thompson Pharmacy has used the
place for a while so I doubt any records are stored in that
business. However I will keep digging..They by law must be stored somewhere and if you are connected that you will have more access then someone like me who has NO relation to him. I will take a few more cracks at it. My email is fr.mikowski@gmail.com if you want to drop me a line I will send you a picture of it from back in the day and what it's looks like now.

Father Mikowski

Re: H.L. CARTER, funeral director - business still exists?

Posted: 8 Aug 2013 2:09PM GMT
The Asylum records are now held at the state archives and its my understanding that it's almost impossible to get a hold of them due to laws, etc. Check the Michigan State Archives website. I believe they have more information there.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions