Search for content in message boards

John Russell WOOD

John Russell WOOD

Posted: 1 Sep 2001 3:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jun 2009 12:50PM GMT
Surnames: WOOD, MILLER, REUTHER, RUSSELL, DECLUE
My g.grandfather was John Russell WOOD (b.~1873, d.1928)
married to Philadelphia Ellen MILLER. He was died in Webb City, in Jasper Co.
Many of the children relocated to Oregon and southern Washington in the early 40's. The sons were Ottis, John, James, Steven, William. The daughters were Ollie (REUTHER), Martha (RUSSELL), Lillian (DECLUE).
I have no further info on this line going back... any info would be appreciated!

Re: John Russell WOOD

Posted: 8 Jul 2002 7:48PM GMT
Edited: 3 Aug 2003 11:14PM GMT
Surnames: Wood, Crow
Steve, I am searching for a Russell Wood who was married to a Mary Crow. She is supposedly the parents of Joseph Wood, the father of Lawrence Leroy Wood, who was my grandfather. Would you happen to have anything on these people? Mary was supposedly a Quapaw Indian.

Mary

Posted: 17 Jul 2002 3:17PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jan 2004 6:54PM GMT
Surnames: Wood
Mary;
My father's name was Russell T. Wood. His father, my grandfather his father had a uncle named John H. Wood born 8/23/1852 could there be any connection.
Thanks Russ Wood

Posted: 17 Jul 2002 3:33PM GMT
Well Russ, we have now come up with a father for Joseph, we believe his name to have been Basil Wood. Would this person happen to be the part of your branch?
Mary

Posted: 19 Jul 2002 1:50PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jan 2004 6:54PM GMT
Hi Mary; As far back as 1823 there has been no Basil in the line beyond that at the present I am at a stonewall. Many Wood's with given names which match but no link. Thanks if I hear of a Basil I will let you know. Send your email to me if you like.

Posted: 19 Jul 2002 1:55PM GMT
Russ, heere is my e-mail addy, micmar@datalinkok.com
I am still searching for proof positive that Basil Wood is the father of my Joseph Wood, father of Lawrence Wood my grandfather. We are also searching for Joseph Woods Mother who is supposedly a Mary Crow/Crowe.
Mary

Posted: 8 Feb 2004 7:25PM GMT
Edited: 1 Mar 2004 7:12PM GMT
the father of joseph wood is russell wood who was married to nancy howard they can be found on the 1880 st. clair co mo. census.

Mary McCarty (View posts)
Posted: 8 Feb 2004 7:56PM GMT
Surnames: Wood
I am currently waiting for a reply concerning a "roll number" issued to "Leroy Wood", between 1900 and 1906.

Jean Fisher-Coogler (View posts)
Posted: 12 Feb 2004 11:08PM GMT
Surnames: Wood, Boyer, Foster, Rodgers, Hefner, McCrery
Hi,

Was this "Joseph" you have been referencing "Joseph LANE Wood" (who lived the last part, at least, of his life in Hartville MO?) because he was married to a Nancy ANN Ro(d)gers...

Joseph Lane had the following children:
Ernie Wood, George Wood, Herb Wood (my grandfather), Paul Ivan Wood, Robert Wood, and Lottie (Carlotta Wood) Thomas.

Joseph LANE was my greatgrandfather ... Also related in that branch: Foster, Boyer, McCreary (sp?), Hefner (Heavener?).

Regards,
jean

Mary (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2004 1:40AM GMT
I don't think they are the same Joseph. Unless My Joseph was married twice. My Joseph's wife was Joan Baldwin. They had children that I know of : Vernon, Bessie,Lula,Jennie and Lawrence. What years did Joseph Lane Wood live in Hartville Missouri?

Still searching in the Wood pile,
Mary
per page

Find a board about a specific topic