Search for content in message boards

Meador

Posted: 25 Sep 2010 3:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Meador, Meadow, Meadows, Basham
Looking for relatives of or knowledge of the Lewis Meador family of Franklin County. I am his ggdaughter. I remember most of my grandmother's siblings, but do not know where they have ended up and would like to know more about the family.
Thanks for your help.
Susan K. Fleming

Re: Meador

Posted: 2 Sep 2012 12:27AM GMT
I am related to a Nannie Rachel Meador, from Bedford, VA. I do not know if she was related to you but I would love to know more about the family as well. I hope that someone has the information for you.
Posted: 30 Dec 2012 5:09AM GMT
You did not say when he was born or died, but could this be him?

OBIT - MEADOR, ALFRED LEWIS SR.

Roanoke Times, The (VA) - Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Alfred Lewis Meador , Sr., 80 of Roanoke, Va., passed away Saturday, June 27, 2009. He was born December 15, 1928 in Lego, W.Va. son of the late Zoe and Opal Meador. He was also preceded in death by a sister and brother-in-law, Irene and Richard Barnard. Mr. Meador was retired from the United States Army with 42 years of dedicated service. He served his country during the Korean War and Vietnam. He was the recipient of numerous awards and medals. He was a loving husband, father and grandfather who will be missed dearly. He is survived by his loving wife of 58 years, Berniece Fields Meador; son, Alfred Lewis Meador , Jr.; daughters and sons-in-law, Brenda K. and Duane Wheeling and Debbie and Bryan Chandler; grandchildren, Eric Wilson, Brennan Chandler, Chelsea Chandler, Joshua Meador, Kelseigh Meador and Zachary Meador; great-grandchildren, Devin Wilson, Dakota Wilson and Kaitlin Wilson; sisters-in-laws, Nancy and Earl Alderman and Minnie Pearl Alderman; and a number of nieces and nephews. The family will receive friends Tuesday, June 30, 2009 from 6 to 8 p.m. at John M. Oakey and Son, Salem. Military graveside funeral services will be conducted at 1 p.m. Wednesday, July 1, 2009 at Blue Ridge Memorial Gardens with the Rev. Roy Kanode officiating. In lieu of flowers donations may be made to the American Heart Association or the American Diabetes Association. Arrangements by John M. Oakey and Son, Salem. 540-389-5441.
Caption: photo

Edition: METRO
Section: VIRGINIA
Page: A13
Record Number: 0906300099
Copyright (c) 2009 The Roanoke Times
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions