Search for content in message boards

William Davis m. Sarah Carpenter

William Davis m. Sarah Carpenter

Posted: 3 Sep 2001 11:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Jan 2002 10:34PM GMT
Surnames: Davis, Carpenter
I am looking for info on William Davis born around 1819. He was married to a Sarah Carpenter. I don't have any info on either and any info supplied would be greatly appreciated.

Re: William Davis m. Sarah Carpenter

Posted: 4 Sep 2001 5:47PM GMT
Edited: 1 Oct 2002 1:31PM GMT
I'm looking for info on a Will Davis too!! but you didn't say where you might think he's from. Is he from aroung Charlton or Guildford, England? Siblings Annie Maud, Ruby, Lily, Fred, ?Harry, Sydney.

Posted: 4 Sep 2001 7:34PM GMT
Edited: 28 Dec 2002 8:14PM GMT
Did your William have a brother Thomas who married Charity Carpenter?

Posted: 4 Sep 2001 9:43PM GMT
I don't know. I know his father was Evan or Evin and his mother was Elizabeth Proffitt. He had a son named Robin or Robert that married Rebecca Lovely. This is all I have. He was my GGGrandfather so any info will help.

Posted: 4 Sep 2001 9:49PM GMT
I am not certian where he is from. I know he is in the United States but I dont know if he was from the US or England. I only know one of his children which was know as Robin or Robert.

Posted: 5 Sep 2001 5:51AM GMT
Edited: 1 Oct 2002 1:31PM GMT
Oh well - we're not related then!!! Good luck with your search!

Posted: 5 Sep 2001 7:17PM GMT
Edited: 5 Sep 2001 7:42PM GMT
Surnames: CARPENTER, DAVIS, BISHOP,DUNN
HI, I HAVE A WILLIAM DAVIS HES THE SON OF KEITH DAVIS IF IT IS THE SAME ONE THEN HE HAS 2 SISTERS KATHERINE AND EILEEN.I AM NOT SURE ON THE SARAH CARPENTER MY MOTHERS FAMILY WAS CARPENTERS THEY HOMESTEADED IN SLOPE COUNTY NORTH DAKOTA.IF ITS THE SAME CARPENTER YOU CAN GO TO THE SLOPE COUNTY GENWEB AND FIND THEM. GAYLORD CARPENTER IS ANOTHER NAME WELL IF ANY OF THIS LOOKS TO BE WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR. I HOPE IT HELPS
SONYA DAVIS
P.S IF THIS HELPS I CAN GET MY MOMS E-MAIL AND SHE KNOWS ALOT MORE

Fred Davis (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 2001 8:22PM GMT
Elizabeth Proffitt married Evan Davis on July 22, 1811 (Bond of Floyd Co., KY). Elizabeth born about 1785 in North Carolina. She was the daughter of Sylvestor Proffitt and Nancy Tompkins who were married in Wilkes Co., NC.

Their children were:

Pleasant Davis supposed to have died in Civil War
Larkin Davis born about 1814 in Ky
Tempie Davis born about 1815 married HEnry Combs
Jerry (Henry) Davis married Miriam Little
William Davis born about 1819 married Sarah Carpenter
Rebecca Davis born about 1817 married Stephen Carpenter
Robert Davis born about 1824 married Polly Hagins
Elizabeth Davis born about 1826 married George Barnett
James Davis may have died young.

Elizabeth Davis a widow age 65 is listed in the Breathit Co., Kentucky 1850 Census on Page 7, household 95. Also in her household were Robert age 26, Rebecca age 33 and Elizabeth age 24. Evan and Elizabeth Davis were listed in the Floyd Co., KY census in 1820, Page 13; 1830 Census of Perry Co., Ky, Page 243. Elizabeth, John and William Davis were listed on the 1840 tax list of Breathit Co., KY.

Even thought my last name is also Davis, I am not from this line; but researched it because of the Proffitt surname. I have the name and address of two direct descendants of this line if you care to write to them.

Thanks,

Fred Davis
Proffitt researcher since 1970
Dallas, TX

Posted: 11 Sep 2001 8:35PM GMT
Thank you for your info Fred it was very helpful. I was also wondering if you have anything on Evan or Sarah such as their parents and grandparents. I have not been able to locate any of this info and because my schedule stays pretty tied up I haven't the ability to travel to find this info. Once again thank you very much!

Donnie

Fred Davis (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 2001 8:45PM GMT
Hi:

I don't have the parents for Evan Davis or Sarah Carpenter. There are those two contacts that I mentioned who, I think have done extensive research on this particular line.

If you will contact me direct at the address below, I will give the mailing address of the two researchers that shared information with me several years ago. They may have the answers to your questions.

Thanks,

Fred Davis

fld2469@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic