Search for content in message boards

Help!! Emma Lawton South Kirkby circa 1910-14

Help!! Emma Lawton South Kirkby circa 1910-14

Posted: 22 Aug 2004 1:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Oct 2005 9:46PM GMT
Surnames: Lawton, Pell
Hi there
I am desperately trying to trace an Emma Lawton who I think had an affair with my great GF Ernest John Pell around 1910-14. On his death certificate they were both shown at 31 Carlton Street, South Kirkby.
Is anyone out there a relative of the said Emma Lawton, and can pass on some information to me? Does anyone have access to records such as the electoral roll for these years?
Any information would be most gratefully received.
Here's hoping

Peter

Re: Help!! Emma Lawton South Kirkby circa 1910-14

Posted: 24 Aug 2004 9:41PM GMT
Edited: 28 Feb 2006 10:56AM GMT
Peter,

Firstly, I am afraid that I cannot help you with your specific enquiry!
However, I was wondering if you had any inforamtion about South Kirby, as I have been able to trace some of my ancestors, on the LUNN line, to there?
Many thanks,
Dave

Posted: 29 Aug 2004 9:40AM GMT
Hello there
In response to Dave's message, South Kirkby is part of the Hemsworth registration district in W.Yorks, not far from Barnsley to the W, Doncaster to the SE and Wakefield to the NW. Other than that I don't know too much about it!

Incidentally to those who have LAWTON links I now have two birth certificates for illegitimate children born to a domestic servant called Blanche Lawton. The kids were Gladys (b.28/7/1912) and Douglas (24/12/1912).
Was this Blanche Lawton the sister of Emma? Both the children above were born at 30/31Carlton Street, South Kirkby. This is where both Emma and my GGF Ernest Pell were residing when he died in 1914.
Any further info gratefully received!

Peter

Posted: 16 Sep 2004 8:36PM GMT
Can you give me more details?. My husband & I were both born & raised there & still have family & friends there. I also have a copy of a rare history of South Kirby. Although we have lived in Canada for over 30 years.
Strangely enough there are Lawtons in my husbands family but will have to do some more research before I touch base with the other persons looking for them.

Posted: 19 Sep 2004 2:56PM GMT
Hi there Hilary

All I have is as follows:

I am desperately trying to trace an Emma Lawton and a Blanche Lawton one of whom may have had an affair with my Gt.GF Ernest John Pell around 1910-14. On the certificate for his death at 31 Carlton Street, South Kirkby, Emma was present at the death and resided at the same address.
I also have two birth certificates for illegitimate children born to a domestic servant called Blanche Lawton. The kids were Gladys (b.28/7/1912) and Douglas (24/12/1914). Gladys was born at home at 30 Carlton Street, Douglas at number 31.
This Blanche Lawton may have been the sister of Emma, and she may have had the children by my GGF.
I have had a search of the electoral rolls at Wakefield Archives done for me, but this has found nothing conclusive, though a John Lawton turned up in 1915, at 22 Carlton Street.
Any more info on these Lawton girls would be gratefully received!

Peter

Hilary South (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2004 3:12PM GMT
Hello Peter, Many thanks for your reply. Bare with me I,ll see what I can come up with. Do you live in the area ?.
The Lawtons we have were born in West Melton but moved to South Kirby, places are quite close. I,ll do some checking with all my souces, then get back to you.
Bye Hilary.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions