Search for content in message boards

Thomas Osborne

Thomas Osborne

Amy Price (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 2001 2:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Sep 2004 9:15PM GMT
Surnames: Osborne, Mellis
I have a Thomas Osborne born in Ashford, England. He married Elizabeth Mellis and had the following children:
Jeremy, Anna, Edward & John. Does anyone know anything about this family? Thanks for your time and help!!!! Amy Price

Re: Thomas Osborne

Posted: 21 Sep 2001 2:35AM GMT
Surnames: Osborne, Mellis
Hi Amy,
This is my family. I am still gathering information about them. I know that he was born 1543, died 10/12/1611.
Thomas was married 3 times, Wilmeth, Mary and Elizabeth Mellis.
Thomas Osborne's grandson Thomas came to America in 1637 aboard the "Hector". In 1638 left Boston and founded New Haven CT.
Feel free to E-mail at any time, it would be nice to hear from you.

Jerri (View posts)
Posted: 5 Nov 2001 12:12AM GMT
Surnames: Osborne
This is also my family...through Thomas the immigrant's son Jeremiah. How are you descended? I have quite a bit of info on the family...please write.

Mike Osborne (View posts)
Posted: 15 Nov 2001 10:33PM GMT
Edited: 13 Sep 2004 9:16PM GMT
I think this also my family but a few pieces of the puzzle aren't clear yet. Correct me if I'm wrong , this what I have , Jeremiah father of Nelson L. ( born 11/26/1820 ) who is the father of Alex H. ( born 1841 ) father of Alex Jr. ( born 6/20/1871 ) father of Clyde (born 8/13/1896 ) father of Clyde Jr. ( born 3/6/1925 ) who is my father

Jerri (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 2001 5:11AM GMT
Edited: 13 Sep 2004 9:17PM GMT
Mike,
Do you have info on WHERE your Nelson L. Osborne was born (1820), or any dates and places for his father, Jeremiah? The early descendants of Thomas Osborne are mostly in CT, NY, and NJ.

Ardith Newbold (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 2002 2:17AM GMT
Surnames: OSBORNE
Thank you so much for the interesting history lesson about the Osborne family in New Haven, CT. I am actually looking for my g-g-grandmother. Her name was Mary Elizabeth Osborne too. She was born in England in 1824 and came to America as a very young child. I do not have her parents first names as they died during the voyage. Another person took Mary into their home. She ended up marrying a John Gregory in Fairfax County, CT. I have found them in 1940 census records. John was 27 years old and Mary age 25. They had one child Edward age one year.
I have not been able to go any further back as yet. I know they must of had parents but... how can I find them?

Mary Elizabeth Osborne was the granddaughter of a Duke of Osborne.
Does any of this sound familiar to you?

I am thrilled to meet another Mary Elizabeth Osborne! It seems to be a pretty common name in the English records.

Kindest regards,
Ardith Newbold

Stephanie Osborne Beynon (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 2004 9:22PM GMT
Hi Elizabeth,

Thomas Osborne is my ancester, too. I have the info that you shared, but can't take the line back any further. Do you know his parents' names or anything else about him?

Thanks,
Stephanie

Posted: 18 Oct 2006 4:36AM GMT
Surnames: SMITH, DENTON, OSBORNE, CHANDLER, WINGFIELD
Thomas was born 18 Apr 1542 in Hartlip, Kent, England, and died 12 Oct 1611 in Ashford Manor, Ashford, Kent, England.
I guess you know by now who his ancestors were.
Cheers,
Gary
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions