Search for content in message boards

Corrie family

Corrie family

mary chapman (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 2005 2:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Can someone please help with a huge brick wall!!
I am researching a Dalziel family, and from a Will know that a Flora Dalziel married a Corrie. I have searched the UK sites and found no trace of this family. I presume, therefore, that they emigrated to place unknown sometime between about 1820 and 1842. I have just found the birth of a Flora May Corrie on 15 Sep 1869 at Lukin Twp, Lawrence and as a very, very long shot, wonder if this person coud be the granddaughter of my elusive ancestor. Can anyone help me to find Flora's parents and grandparents?

Re: Corrie family

Posted: 26 Apr 2012 7:43PM GMT
Flora May, aka Fanny is the daughter of James Albert Corrie and Louisa (Elizabeth) Ann Gaddy. The Corries imgrated from Dumfries, Scotland about 1818. Hope this helps.
Kathy

Posted: 29 Apr 2012 2:36PM GMT
Hi

I have found my Flora in Ontario. Do you know which part of Dumfriesshire your Corries came from and Flora May Corrie's birth year?

Mary

Posted: 29 Apr 2012 6:07PM GMT
Edited: 29 Apr 2012 6:08PM GMT
According to what I have found Flora May Corie was born in Lukin Twp, Lawrence County, Illinois , Sept 15, 1869. The only information I have on Flora'a father, Thomas N. Corrie is that he was born in Dumfries, but his father, William, was born in the Parish of Irongray. Hope this was helpful.
Kathy

Posted: 29 Apr 2012 6:30PM GMT
My Corries probably came from around Penpont Parish in the late 1700s. I just wondered if there could be any connection.

Posted: 18 May 2012 3:05PM GMT
There at least to me is some real confusion with the Corrie Lineage. Everyone want to link James White Corrie to the Scotland Corries. James was born in Maryland in 1797, William Corrie to the best I can find was not in the US during that time. I have found Corries in Maryland that died in the early 1800s and am wondering if they could be the lineage. Everytime I raise the issue of how he could be from the William Corrie family and be born in Maryland before William came to the US i am told this is the right lineage, but I can find no proof

Posted: 18 May 2012 7:17PM GMT
I have come across James White Corrie. However My corries didn't leave Scotland until the 1840s so I dis not have any interest in him

Mary

Posted: 18 May 2012 7:19PM GMT
Thanks Any idea what Corrie line he might be?

Posted: 19 May 2012 6:56PM GMT
Sorry, I have not been able to find likely parents. No doubt all these Corries are related somehow!
Mary

Posted: 19 May 2012 6:56PM GMT
Sorry, I have not been able to find likely parents. No doubt all these Corries are related somehow!
Mary
per page

Find a board about a specific topic