Search for content in message boards

Crum, West Virginia

Crum, West Virginia

Posted: 18 Mar 2010 7:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
So here's my first attempt at tracing my family heritage. My mom's side has done quite a bit of research and found their family line, etc, but not my dad's side.

Anyone here have family from Crum, WV? My family (can't remember how many "great"s before -grandfather) actually founded Crum, WV, and helped build the major buildings there (school, etc.). My grandfather's name was Eli McKinley Crum; my father is Jesse Dale Crum (born in Los Angeles, CA, in 1959); I am Brian Christopher Crum, born August 11, 1984, in Wichita, KS.

Looking for family info, coat of arms, etc. Just curious to see if anyone here knows my line of Crums. :-) Thanks!

Re: Crum, West Virginia

Posted: 15 May 2011 9:45AM GMT
I'm told my relative founded crum wv. I still have relatives in wv. Would be interesting to get in touch with unknown relatives. There is an annual crum family reunion every year but I've never been. Maybe you are one of my relatives? Would be good to find out. :0)

Posted: 31 May 2011 7:51PM GMT
i have Crums in my family as well and I have been to the Crum reunion several years ago. I live in Ohio but I have a vacation home in Dunlow, WV. Let me know what you have and the dates and I will look through my information. It gets kinda tricky.

Posted: 14 Jun 2011 2:19AM GMT
henry crum,christian crum, micheal crum they served i believe with washington they were preachers family went on to floyd county ky. martin ky arkansas creek ,came from germany in 1728 to philadefia on a boat does any of these names sound familiar?

Posted: 15 Jul 2011 4:31AM GMT
Surnames: Crum
Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. Things got a bit tricky here. I switched e-mail accounts but forgot to update this, and I lost my password, etc... doh! Ah well...

I'm not sure about the reunion; it'd be great to get out there for it! My wife and I (and newborn son) live here in Texas, so it'd definitely be a trek.

We're currently in Austin while our preemie is in NICU at St. David's Med Ctr. While there, I've actually met another Crum who's got fam from WV. I'm working on getting her and her husband's info.

Posted: 15 Jul 2011 4:32AM GMT
Surnames: Crum
Unfortunately, I'm not too sure about those names. I'm getting ready to post some updates to my tree that I just received from my aunt.

Posted: 8 Jul 2012 2:25AM GMT
John Crum (1760-1814) was born in Switzerland and immigrated to America. He might be the founder of Crum. I wonder how many Crums immigrated here. Is there a county historical society? Good luck.

Posted: 9 Jul 2012 3:23PM GMT
Surnames: crum
Hi Tanya. I have a Henry Crum in my family line, as well as a Michael Crum. I am not convinced that Christian Crum is my line, however.

You can contact me directly at kb6znr@sbcglobal.net if you wish. Perhaps we can exchange information.

Thanks.

gladys Nelson Gardner

Posted: 25 May 2013 10:37PM GMT
I am from a line of Crums that lived in Chapmanville in Logan County. My grandfather Hobart. Born in 1906.

Posted: 16 Aug 2013 12:38PM GMT
Adam Crum Sr was the one Crum W Va was named for. He was the one that started the Crum line from there. He was born 05 Oct 1756 in Augusta Va and died in 10 Oct 1851 in Crum W Va. The historical society in Wayne County W Va have been trying to locate his grave so they can place a Revolutionary War marker there. He was married to Barbary Horne. They had at least 11 children, possibly more. My line is as follows; Adam Sr, Adam Jr, Reuben, James, David, Paul and me Sharon. I don't know what you need but I have some stuff. I also have his recorded account as to what he did during the war. His family came from Germany.It does get a little tricky because the same names were used over and over. Really need to watch dates.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions