Search for content in message boards

Guthrie Ancestors

Guthrie Ancestors

Posted: 25 May 2004 2:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Guthrie
My grandfather was Richard (Dick) Guthrie ,he was from around Brownwood ,Tx and married Willie Mae Guthrie around 1937.They had three children,Richard Durwood(Red)Guthrie 1938,Betty Darlene Guthrie(my mother)1940,Dwayne Lee Guthrie 1945.Dick Guthrie died in abt.1960 in Abilene,Tx.I know very little about his family,not even his mother or dad's name.He had brothers named Cecil,Bill,Charles Uncle Son,killed in Okla.abt.1978),maybe a sister Gertrude and Miltred.Some kin live in Okla.Please any info.would be great.I am Debra Lammons (aphandyman@camalott.com)

Re: Guthrie Ancestors

Posted: 25 May 2004 7:58PM GMT
I am searching for more information on my family. My great grandfathers name was Edgar Jones Guthrie. I do have some information on the Guthrie family and would be willing to swap information with you. If interested please contact me at ddp1244_99@yahoo.com David Prewitt

Posted: 25 May 2004 8:08PM GMT
I'm willing to help any way I can but I am just starting on the Gutherie's,my grandfather,Richard(Dick)Guthrie was killed in auto accident in 1960 or 61,and my grandmother mentioned very little about the Guthrie's.I know some of the names but most of his brother's moved from Tx.to Okla.Maybe we can help each other,I'm very new at this.Debra

Posted: 22 Jun 2004 6:49PM GMT
Edited: 11 May 2005 4:04AM GMT
The easiest start for your research would be to ask a few
questions of family members and begin collecting birth and
death certificates. Both contain lots of information as to
parents, etc. Keep in mind that both will be recorded where
the event took place...not necessarily where the person
lived. The birth and death certificates will easily link you up
with the censuses...and those will carry you back to 1790.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic