Search for content in message boards

Mary Woods

Mary Woods

Posted: 29 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Aug 2002 10:03PM GMT
Surnames: Woods
Looking for information about Mary Woods, born April22,1875 in Mullyard, post-town DERRYNOOSE, County of Armagh. Father, Patrick Woods, farmer, mother Margaret Woods formerly Hughes, both of Armagh. Also signed on birth certificate, Peter woods ,occupier, all of Mulyard. Mary Woods left for America by herself in 1895, arrived in N.Y. C. at 42 St on the boat Brittanac

Mary Woods

Donald E. Newsholme (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Hello
I am in the process of discovering my ancestors from Irealnd. My grandmother was Mary Woods and she lived in Armagh. She came to America either alone or with her sisters Alice and Katherine. Mary died in childbirth giving borth to twins. She was married to James Woods and he left after her death (the twins dies as well. Mary left three children, one of whom was my mother Katherine. I do not know for certain yet when she left for America but it could have been around the same time that your mary left.

Re: Mary Woods

Posted: 7 May 2006 9:45PM GMT
Surnames: woods/hughes
was margaret woods from the monaghan area as she was nee hughes, do you have anyother info on this family

Allen Ward (View posts)
Posted: 7 May 2006 10:39PM GMT
Yes Bridie I do have the information on this family. Margaret Woods nee Hughes is the daughter of Edward woods and Mary Hughes nee Slevin from Camagh in County Armagh.

bridie (View posts)
Posted: 8 May 2006 6:41PM GMT
did she live in milford at any time, or where there was a mill at jher resendence. as my husband greatgranmother would have been hughes married to woods. but they dont know what the greatgrandad first name was as she went back to live in beltharen in co armagh

Allen (View posts)
Posted: 9 May 2006 3:21AM GMT
I saw the residence in 2000 when I was back "home". In 2001 it was raised and no longer exists. i do not recall a mill. She had a brother Michael who went to Australia in the late 1800's and a sister Mary who became Sister Brigid Hughes and was a founding sister of the convent in Cookstown, county Tyrone. Her brother Patrick stayed in the home house in Camagh and he has decendents in county Armagh presently.

bridie (View posts)
Posted: 9 May 2006 8:19PM GMT
i dont think their the same family as those woods are all horsey people but the greatgrannie was hughes but i think there was a mention of mc kenna in monaghan realeated some way, but they dont know where the greatgrandad went or what happened to him they are trying to trace it im just helping out, and thanks a million for your help
bridie

Posted: 23 Jun 2011 4:14AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Donald
Where are you getting this information from? Do you know the names of Mary Woods' sisters and when they came to the USA?

Posted: 12 Jan 2013 11:52PM GMT
Surnames: Donaldson, Hughes, Woods
Hello,

My grandfather, Patrick Donaldson was raised at Baltarran in Milford. The farm & mill originally belonged to Patrick Hughes. He left it to 2 of his sons, both without children. Their sister Mary Woods' (nee Hughes) son, John Woods inherited the farm and that family still resides on the property. My grandfather was raised there from 1899/1900 until 1917 when he left to join the HLI and serve in WWI. I would love to know more if you are still receiving messages. The mill is gone, but the house is still there.

Posted: 14 Jan 2013 1:03AM GMT
Thanks for writing but i am sorry to report this is not the same Mary Woods. My grandmother was Mary Ward nee Woods. Her maiden name was Woods and married a hugh Ward.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic