Search for content in message boards

ROSS/Currie 1830/1850

ROSS/Currie 1830/1850

Jane Joy (View posts)
Posted: 12 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: ROSS, CURRIE
Looking for information on Lyndsey Ross b. 1831 in the parish of Portmoak, Kinross, and his parents, Lyndsay Ross and Agnes Currie, who were married in Lasswade, Midlothian in 1830.Were there any other children born to Agnes and Lyndsay?

Re: ROSS/Currie 1830/1850

Posted: 20 Jan 2002 5:20AM GMT
Edited: 15 Apr 2002 1:04PM GMT
Yes Jane, Lyndsey Ross b1832 had a sister Mary b 1834. His grand parents were Robert Ross and Agnes Elder.

Posted: 15 May 2002 4:15PM GMT
Edited: 30 Sep 2002 7:55PM GMT
Surnames: CURRIE/SCOTT/CHAMBERS/AINSLIE/YORSTON.
I have only just found your message! Thank you.
Would you happen to know what happened to the mother of Lyndsay Ross? Her name was Agnes Currie, (her possible parents were a Thomas Currie, and Mary Wilson. of Liberton. Agnes married the father of Lyndsay, (also named Lyndsay) in Lasswade in 1830.
I am trying to find out if this Agnes was the un-married mother of my 2xg.grandfather, Thomas Currie, born in Lasswade in 1821. Thomas was not baptised till 1829. Witnesses at the baptism were a Peter and John Currie. Thomas went on to marry Ann Scott from Lasswade, and their youngest daughter, Agnes Mary, was born at the Hampton Mill, Shipborne, Kent, England in 1853. Thomas Currie was a papermaker by trade.
If you would like to contact me direct my e-mail address is janiejoy@onetel.net.uk
Thanks you again for your message.
Regards,
Jane.

Posted: 24 Feb 2012 7:16PM GMT
Surnames: Currie/Ross
Hello again Maria,
A few years back you gave me information on the children of Lyndsey Ross and Agnes Currie, named Lyndsey Ross and Mary Ross. You told me that Mary had died, (I do not have the date to hand) but could you tell me how you got the information on her death? I cannot find it on Scots Origins or ScotlandsPeople, but maybe the death was not registered; it also seems that the death of Mary's mother, Agnes, was also unrecorded.
Would you know if Lyndsey Ross snr. remarried?
Hopefully this message will reach you, sorry for all the questions.
Regards,
Jane Joy

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions