Search for content in message boards

Elias Moore & May Sawyer

Elias Moore & May Sawyer

Posted: 19 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 May 2009 9:49AM GMT
Surnames: Moore, Sawyer
Looking for place of burial for Elias Moore and his wife May Sawyer Moore.They had 3 son's and 2 daughters .
Elais was born 1896 ,and died about 1951 .Elais had worked for the CNR .

Elias Moore

Annette Robert-Ferron (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Moore
Hi, in the Ontario cemetery finding aid Elias G Moore is burried in Admaston Protestant cemetary in Renfrew Co. Admaston Twp. Ref. OT-86-22. Hope this helps.

Elias Moore

Posted: 25 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 May 2009 9:50AM GMT
Who were the parents of your Elias Moore???
Elias is a common name in our Moore family , and I am trying to trace the descendents of the Moores who went to Renfrew county from the Eardley, Que area.
I am descended from Elias Moore who found the Moore River and settled in Admaston and then Douglas, Ont.

Some of his sons stayed in Admaston and I am searching for their descendents.

Elias Moore (John Harmon Moore)

Posted: 28 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 May 2009 9:51AM GMT
John harmon Moore was a cousin of my Elias Moore.
I know that they both settled in the Douglas area, which proved to be confusing when I was researching.
I have som info on him, but am searching for more info on his siblings and father Jesesiah, who was married to Lois Beebe. Maybe you can help fill in the missing blanks.
Posted: 28 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 May 2009 9:50AM GMT
Elias John Moore .
His father was John Harman Moore ,John married Margaret Helferty on April 21 ,1884
They had three son's
1. Joseph Henry Moore -born Jan.9 1888
2. Daniel Moore - born Dec 13, 1890
3. Elias John Moore - born July 16, 1896 -died Dec 26 ,1951
let me know if this sounds like your family
Diane

Re: Elias Moore

Posted: 5 Feb 2002 3:14AM GMT
Edited: 16 May 2009 9:51AM GMT
Hi, do you know if your Joseph Moore ever married? If he did was it to Edna L Bell ? If this ties in with your lines please e-mail me Thanks Patti

Posted: 16 May 2009 6:20AM GMT
Edited: 16 May 2009 9:53AM GMT
I have an Elias Moore s/o Harmon Moore of Eganville.
If he was his son he would have been Roman Catholic so may be buried in the R.C. Eganville Cemetery.
I don't have a cemetery listing for that Cemetery.
His birthdate fits.
Some of Harmon's family are buried in the R.C. Cemetery in Douglas but not Elias.
Do you know where he lived?? it may be some help.
I even checked the big cemetery records fro Renfrew but he's no there.

Posted: 19 Nov 2012 6:40PM GMT
Harmon Moore was a dam builder from Pennsylvania. He had two families while in Eganville . . Steadman Moore was the eldest son of legitimate family and Dyer Moore was the eldest son of his Algonquin Indian . . common law wife [she was the daughter of the Algonquin Golden Lake chief at the time]. This all took place circa 1836 . . and the following spring his American wife and child joined him in Eganville. My Grandfather was Thomas Dyer Moore [son of Dyer Moore who was raised by John Egan as a child; Dyer Moore died at age 44 of gangrenous hernia infection]. Thomas Moore, my grandfather was born circa 1878; died 1965; had sister Hulda and brother John [John buried at Barry's Bay R.C. cemetary even tho' relatives are all Protestant]. Thomas Dyer Moore was a Millwright for Gillies & Co. Lumber & Mill of Braeside; died age 86 just before his birthday; October 1965; grave at Old Arnprior cemetary in Arnprior; Albert St. I have no knowledge of an Elias Moore but there ARE relatives of Steadman Moore in Arnprior Cemetary. Dyer Moore was a master carpenter and built the boat that won the Bonnechere regatta when Prince Edward visited from England circa 1862.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions