Search for content in message boards

ROBERT TUCKER

ROBERT TUCKER

Posted: 13 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Mar 2004 2:39PM GMT
Surnames: TUCKER
I am researching ROBERT TUCKER B abt 1758 Amelia County, VA.
He migrated to Pittsylvania County, VA then later settled in Lincoln County, NC. He married MARTHA SHELTON jAN 1, 1783 in Pittsylvania County, VA. Robert Tucker died May 17, 1837 in Lincoln Co., NC. I think his father may be WILLIAM TUCKER who died in Pittsylvania Co.,VA.

tucker/shelton

sandi in tampa (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: robert tucker, martha shelton
i have my family tree back to the 1600's and i have robert tucker that married martha shelton. i have his ancestors, etc. if you would like info, email me

Re: tucker/shelton

Posted: 9 Sep 2001 4:38AM GMT
Edited: 16 Jan 2002 8:48PM GMT
Surnames: TUCKER, HOLTZCLAW
HI. I HAVE A WILLIAM TUCKER WITH WIFE, ELIZABETH. ACCORDING TO 1850 CHATTOOGA CO. GA. CENSUS WILLIAM WAS 63, MAKING HIM BORN CA. 1787 AND WIFE ELIZABETH, 59, BORN CA. 1791. THEY HAD THESE CHILDREN: JANE, JAMES, ROBERT C., WILLIAM.
ROBERT C. WAS MARRIED TO MARGARET., AND WILLIAM WAS MARRIED TO MARY E. WOULD THESE BE SOME OF YOUR ANCESTORS? THANKS FOR ANY HELP. WANDA

joanne fox (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 2002 3:05PM GMT
Surnames: Tucker - Clarke - Crowder
I just saw that you had researched your Tuckers back into the 1600's. Are any of them in Amelia and/or Din. Co.? I'm on Wesley A. Tucker, listed in Amelia in 1830 Census. Trying to get back further. He married Mary Crowder - Din. Co.
Joanne

Posted: 28 May 2012 3:47PM GMT
Surnames: Carter/Tucker/Lamb/Hardin/Roberson
I am also researching Robt Tucker who m. Martha Shelton in Pittsylvania VA. He is my 4th G-grandfather. They had a daughter named Martha Tucker who married John Carter b. 1793. Many of the Carter families also emigrated into NC in the 1840s. Wish I had them back to the 1600s! Martha Tucker/Jn Carter had many children and grandchildren from Robt Carter/Martha Shelton. One, Zachariah Carter b. 1824 m. Elizabeth Lamb. This grandson served in the Civil War with his son, Neill and later pastored a church. They are buried in Britts, Robeson, NC. Two other brothers (grandsons) also served in Civil War: Henry (m. Delaney Hardin) and Thomas Carter, who gave their lives in service leaving families behind. I'm from the Carter line, but want more info on the Tuckers to add to my Tree. Will exchange info I have w/you. Send email to usalrc31 at gmail dot com. Hope you're still out there since original message goes back a while. Thanks so much for any help! Linda
per page

Find a board about a specific topic