Search for content in message boards

Searching for Death records

Searching for Death records

Posted: 8 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Jan 2003 1:44AM GMT
Surnames: WILPOLT
Searching for information on Herman WILPOLT. Settled in the St. Mary's Ridge area of Monroe County in 1863. Homesteaded land located at SW 1/4 of SW 1/4 SEC 24, N1/2 of NE 1/4 SEC 25 in Township 15 North of Range 3 west containing 160 acres.
Herman died somewhere around 1872, as there are probate records that start around late 1872. His wife Gertrude HEMSING, then remarried in Monroe County on 6/10/1873 to Anton MICKE. She sold the land for $1.00 and relief of Herman's debt. They moved to the Kaukauna area with the three children. I have searched the cemetery LDS films to no avail. Also, his papers show he had 5 children, but only three were alive when his wife resettled in Kaukauna.
ANY help would be appreciated. Jay

Re: Searching for Death records

Posted: 25 Apr 2010 1:31AM GMT
Surnames: Gertrude Hemsing
I might be able to add I little in-sight, Gertrude was my Great-Great Grandmother whom had remarried to Micke.

Posted: 25 Apr 2010 2:02AM GMT
Joan,
Thanks for replying to such an old posting.
Are you Joan Nettekoven?

I have found extensive info since this posting in 1999, but would be glad to add any insight you could give.
Still have never figured out how Anton Micke came to be in Monroe County area.
You and I would be 3rd cousins if Gertrude was your 2nd great grandmother. You can email me direct at wilpolthistory
aol.com

Posted: 25 Apr 2010 2:41AM GMT
Hi Jay (Assuming that is your name),

Actually my maiden name in Joan Marie Peters, My Grand-Father is Raymond S. Peters, my Great Grand-Mother Gertrude Micke-Peters, and Her Mother (My Great-Great-Gradmother) Getrude Hemsing-wolpolt-micke. I am going to email some information to you and if you could provide anything that would be wonderful!

Thanks!

Posted: 20 Jun 2010 9:20PM GMT
Alot of the Monroe Co. cemeteries have been put on line on the genweb site. You might also write to the Torkelson Funeral Home in Cashton which is about 15 miles from St. Mary's ridge. The funeral home has been in the Tork family for 4 generations and if anyone would have info they would. Good luck

Posted: 20 Jun 2010 10:24PM GMT
Follow-up June 2010
I have found that there are no civil records for the deaths of Herman Wilpolt and his 5 children, all apparently from something contagious, as they all died within 4 weeks. The deaths are recorded in St. Mary's Ridge church books, and Herman Wilpolt is memorialized as a St. Mary's Ridge Pioneer on the Memorial stone erected in 2008.
I am still hoping to find some kind of newspaper mention of his or his children's death between Feb 16, 1873 and Mar 12, 1873.

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 7:22AM GMT
Surnames: Peters
Peters baby girl :born in Sparta April 1954 was given up for adoption. She was known as "Baby Faith Peters". Mother was divorced at time of birth and had 5 children prior. Dont know if Peters is her married or maiden name. Any help would be great! email me at csummers1966@gmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic