Search for content in message boards

Ninham ancestors - Family is Oneida Indian

Ninham ancestors - Family is Oneida Indian

Posted: 12 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Sep 2001 3:36AM GMT
Surnames: Ninham, Bowman
Looking for ancestors of Morris Ninham. Mother was Adeline Aaron, father was Thomas.
Morris' grandmother was Sarah. Family is Oneida Indian, lived in or around Green bay area also at Morgan Siding - 60 mi North of Green bay

Re: Ninham ancestors - Family is Oneida Indian

Posted: 25 Jun 2009 11:00PM GMT
Surnames: House, Bowman, Paulson
Morris Ninham is my father. He was born in October about 1914. He married my mother, Colleen Estelle Bowman. Morris and Colleen had 12 children that survived to adulthood. I am the oldest male child, born in 1939

Morris father was Thomas House Ninham THN's parents were Lucy House and Antone Ninham. Thomas House, Lucy's father, adopted Thomas. When Thomas House died, there was a lawsuit brought to claim a part of his estate. This lawsuit went all the way to the Supreme Court of Wisconsin..leaving a record of births, marriages, etc.

Thomas House Ninham married Ellen Aaron ne Skenandore. They had 8 sons an 1 daughter. Thomas & Ellen separated when my father, Morris, was an infant. Ellen moved to Morgan siding with her family.

The Ninham boys were all athletic. Ellen, their mother, formed a baseball team and regularly played other local baseball teams.

Morgan Siding is close to the Stockbridge-Munsee band of Mahicans. My mother Colleen Estelle was 1/2 Stockbridge-Munsee Mohican. Her father, Mont Bowman was listed on the Stockbridge rolls as full blooded. He Married Eva Paulson.

Posted: 25 Jun 2009 11:03PM GMT
Surnames: House, Bowman, Paulson
Morris Ninham is my father. He was born in October about 1914. He married my mother, Colleen Estelle Bowman. Morris and Colleen had 12 children that survived to adulthood. I am the oldest male child, born in 1939

Morris father was Thomas House Ninham THN's parents were Lucy House and Antone Ninham. Thomas House, Lucy's father, adopted Thomas. When Thomas House died, there was a lawsuit brought to claim a part of his estate. This lawsuit went all the way to the Supreme Court of Wisconsin..leaving a record of births, marriages, etc.

Thomas House Ninham married Ellen Aaron ne Skenandore. They had 8 sons an 1 daughter. Thomas & Ellen separated when my father, Morris, was an infant. Ellen moved to Morgan siding with her family.

The Ninham boys were all athletic. Ellen, their mother, formed a baseball team and regularly played other local baseball teams.

Morgan Siding is close to the Stockbridge-Munsee band of Mahicans. My mother Colleen Estelle was 1/2 Stockbridge-Munsee Mohican. Her father, Mont Bowman was listed on the Stockbridge rolls as full blooded. He Married Eva Paulson. Eva Paulson was the daughter of Rupert Paulson and xxxxx. Eva and her two sisters were raised by Charlie Doxtator a Stockbridge-Munsee Mohican Indian

Posted: 26 Mar 2010 12:19AM GMT
If my research is correct, your father had a brother named Amos. Amos married my great-aunt, Ruby Rees. Although he died when I was fairly young, I remember him quite clearly. He was very kind to me and I have been researching him out respect and affection. Could you please confirm that Morris had a brother named Amos?

Thanks so much,
Wynn

Posted: 28 May 2013 3:06AM GMT
To my knowledge, my father Morris Ninham did not have a brother named Amos. His brothers (chronological order to best of my knowledge): Wilson, Guy, Luther, Benjamin, and Joseph. Two sisters were Pearl & Josephine.
Family myth/history: there may have been an oldest brother who left home at an early age and lived in Oklahoma.
Any other data I can help with?
Maurice
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions