Search for content in message boards

DiMari/DiMare; Augusta, Siracusa, Sicily

Ron Vassallo (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 May 2006 11:21AM GMT
Surnames: DiMare, DiMari, Passanisi, diGrande, Carrabino, Abramo
I am the great grandson of Sebastiano DiMare, who was born in Augusta, Siracusa, Sicilia, Italia in 1842 or 1844. He married Carmela Sitra of Porto Empedocle, Girgenti, Sicilia, Italia in about 1874 and died in Galveston, Galveston County, Texas, USA on 11 Nov 1927. His parents were Vincenzo DiMari/DiMare (Born: 1812/1813 in Augusta) and Catarina Passanisi (Born: 5 Sep 1825 in Augusta). They were married on 3 Oct 1841 in Augusta. He died 8 Sep 1855 in Augusta and she died 3 Sep 1855. Vincenzo DiMari/ DiMare's parents (spelling of the last name depending on what records you look at), were Francesco DiMari and Francesca diGrande, both of Augusta. Catarina Passanisi's parents were Sebastiano Passanisi (Born: 1794/1795 in Augusta) and Sebastiana Carrabino (Born: 1807/1808 in Augusta; Died: 26 Jun 1848 in Augusta). Sebastiana Carrabino's parents were Vincenzo Carrabino and Anna Abramo (Born: 1785/1786 in Augusta).

QUESTION: If anyone is a descendant of any of these people, I would appreciate an opportunity to speak with you. I do have additional information and would like any information you might have.

CARRABINO; Italy > MA

Posted: 4 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 May 2006 11:21AM GMT
Surnames: CARRABINO
I HAVE A VERY GOOD ITALIAN FRIEND WHOSE MAIDEN NAME IS CARRABINO,HER FAMILY CAME FROM ITALY AND SETTLED IN MASSACHUSETTS.

Carrabino family

Ron Vassallo (View posts)
Posted: 7 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 May 2006 11:22AM GMT
Surnames: Carrabino
Thank-you for your response. Do you have any information whatsoever concerning your friend's married name or current whereabouts? If so, please provide it to me so that I might be able to contact her.

Sincerely, Ron Vassallo.

ANN DIMARE (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 May 2006 11:25AM GMT
IS THERE ANY WAY TO PLACE ALL THE DIMARE PEOPLE IN THE U.S.A. INTO FAMILYSWE ARE ALL FROM AUGUSTA SICILY

CARRABINO; Italy > MA

Jacqueline Deschamps (View posts)
Posted: 20 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 May 2006 11:23AM GMT
My mother's name is Antonia Proto and her stepfather was Anthony Carrabino. There is Vincent, Joseph.

Re: CARRABINO; Italy > MA

Posted: 31 May 2003 9:33PM GMT
Edited: 23 May 2006 11:24AM GMT
Surnames: Carrabino, Mazzei, Praino
I am in search of Carrabino familes in MA, who are cousins to my greatgrandfather Giuseppe (Joseph) Mazzei, married to Lucrezia Celia, immigrated to US from Cassono Ionio, Calabria in 1899.

My GGF sister was Amelia Mazzei, married to Praino, married to Carrabino.

Do you have contact with a Carrabino in MA?

Would you forward this message to your friend whose last name is Carrabino?

In addition the Carrabino's in Boston were also cousins to the Garofalo, Guaragna, Villella, Praino's.

Re: DiMari/DiMare; Augusta, Siracusa, Sicily

Angela DiMare (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 2003 5:35AM GMT
Edited: 23 May 2006 11:25AM GMT
Hello, my name is Angela DiMare. My grandfathers name was Sebastiano DiMare. He was born in Augusta, Sicily around 1916 . I do know he came to America (date unknown) when he was about fourteen years old. I dont know much more except he eventually resided in Burlingame, CA. He has four children, James Sebastiano DiMare, Gary Joesph DiMare, Virginia Kirkland, and Mary Anne DiMare. I am one of Gary's daughters. Please contact me if you have reason to believe we are possibly in the same blood line. I dont have much more information than what I've given. I would love to hear from you.

Re: CARRABINO; Italy > MA

Posted: 22 May 2006 8:42PM GMT
Edited: 23 May 2006 11:28AM GMT
I am the great granddaughter of a Carrabino. PLease email me directly so as to share info.

Posted: 4 Sep 2010 8:20PM GMT
Surnames: Dimare; Massa; Newsome; Smith
I am the granddaughter of Vincenzo DiMare and Josephine Massa DiMare. My name is Sylvia Jo Smith. My grandfather believed to have immigrated to America to Galveston, Texas through Ellis Island, when he approximately was 17 years of age. Lived at 2623 Avenue D (Market Street) with wife in 1920 together with father-in-law Joseph Massa and
wife, Dominica. He was a Ship Captain and had been a sailor since the age of nine years. My grandparents had seven children; my mother, Josephine DiMare Newsome was one of their daughters. The residence of my grandparents where they died after being married over 50 years was 1727 Avenue N. in Galveston, Texas.

Posted: 17 Mar 2011 3:57AM GMT
Ron, I am not sure if you are still watching this thread....I have been going through all records of birth, death and marriage from Augusta. I have not recorded births before 1853, so I do not have Sebastiano DiMare. However, I do have a younger brother of his....Domenico DiMare born 25 Feb 1853. It looks like he was the last child of Vincenzo due to his death in Sep 1855. There are no records of Domenico's marriage or death in Augusta, so I am assuming he left Augusta. Vincenzo had 2 other brothers: Giuseppe b. 1807 and Salvatore b. 1820. There may be more but I am still going backwards through the early 1800 marriages. Giuseppe married twice: in 1850 to Gaetana Carriglio and in 1857 to Rosa Basso (sp?). Salvatore married (ironically) a Catarina Passinisi also (her parents were Carmelo/Rosaria Romeo) in Dec 1844. I have marriage records for 3 of their 5 children: Francesca married Rosario Consolino, Carmelo married Susana Salamone 1st then Gaetana Iraci (Paci?) 2nd, and Rosaria married Domenico Peluso. I have one birth record for Carmelo/Gaetana Iraci: Salvatore b. 1897 married Marta Scandurra. I hope this helps you find more relatives.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic